Not sure where to post this!

What he said....
Only may I add, move your target out to at least 75 yards if not 100 if you have a good scope and shoot your groups for score at that distance any flyers will really show themselves instead of shooting at 50 and wondering if that one 3/4 inch out was you or not, you will know at distance and shoot at least 5 to start with before shooting for score then shoot 5 groups of 5 of the top three performers from the 50 yard line.
The lube is a big deal, do not discount the cci sv or others with seemingly thin or less slippery lube as it may take a few more to season the barrel before it settles in with a particular ammo.
When I am doing this sort of testing I clean my rifles with kroil until no lead or black on patch the a couple dry patches, then either acetone or rubbing alcohol followed bu another dry, it may be unnecessary but to make sure I get all the lube off from the previous ammo I do it anyway

Great point. Some ammo will group great at 50m and then be a disaster at 100m. I mostly use these distances because I shoot NRA Smallbore Silhouette and 100m is the furthest I shoot.

In some rifles I've shot 2 different types of ammo, one at 40m and 60m, and the other at 75m and 100m, some group better than others at different distances. In some cases one ammo will shoot good at all distances.

So yeah, stretch it out if you are shooting further.

Went to the range today to test a bunch of different types of ammo to see what shot best out of my Bergara BMR 22 LR. I had 10 different types of ammo and shot 5 shots of each shooting 5 shot groups in no particular order letting the barrel cool for about 2 mins between groups.
Turns out the rifle like Federal Target and CCI Mini-Mags the best followed closely by Norma Tac 22. Both Remington Target, Cyclone and High Velocity were horrible. Aguila and CCI Std Velocity were OK but nothing to brag about. The three different Win types I shot generally shot good but each one had a flyer. More shooting would have to determine if they were inconsistent.
All ammo was shot at 50 yards using a Caldwell Bipod and sand bags on the butt. Rifle has a very nice trigger and is topped with a Leupold 4.5 - 14X Vari X III.
Clem, I have a Bergara BMR Steel. My experience with lubricated ammo has been good. My BMR shoots well with SK Magazine (Standard Plus in a bulk can). Wanted to Spring squirrel hunt, so switched to RWS Subsonic Hp. 1 hole 5-shot group. 17 squirrels later say with confidence RWS is making precise head shots. So if wanting to hunt, RWS Subsonic hp. BMR seems to like the greasy ammo.

Clem, I have a Bergara BMR Steel. My experience with lubricated ammo has been good. My BMR shoots well with SK Magazine (Standard Plus in a bulk can). Wanted to Spring squirrel hunt, so switched to RWS Subsonic Hp. 1 hole 5-shot group. 17 squirrels later say with confidence RWS is making precise head shots. So if wanting to hunt, RWS Subsonic hp. BMR seems to like the greasy ammo.
Being an avid muzzleloader shooter and bullet caster I have a various supply of handmade lubes. I may just run a test of the CCI Mini Mags with and without one of the lubes.
BTW you're like the 3rd person the recommended SK Std Plus. I guess I'll have to order some.

Great point. Some ammo will group great at 50m and then be a disaster at 100m. I mostly use these distances because I shoot NRA Smallbore Silhouette and 100m is the furthest I shoot.

In some rifles I've shot 2 different types of ammo, one at 40m and 60m, and the other at 75m and 100m, some group better than others at different distances. In some cases one ammo will shoot good at all distances.

So yeah, stretch it out if you are shooting further.
That's funny I shoot smallbore silhouette in the local club matches, also in my original post I had typed in "shoot those test groups at the turkey and ram distance" but changed it because I figured very few would know what I was talking about.
Nice to know a fellow silhouette shooter.

That's funny I shoot smallbore silhouette in the local club matches, also in my original post I had typed in "shoot those test groups at the turkey and ram distance" but changed it because I figured very few would know what I was talking about.

Nice, you are barely the second member that I have met here that shoots NRA Silhouette, thought there be more of us, but no.

I used to shoot high power silhouette back in the 80s but the matches were so far away that I stopped. I don't know where there are any small bore silhouette matches near me. It would be fun to "get back in the game".
BTW I ordered a brick of Norma TAC-22 and 3 boxes (limit) of SK Standard Plus last night from Midway. The TAC-22 shoots very good out of my S&W 15-22 and not bad out of the Bergara.

I used to shoot high power silhouette back in the 80s but the matches were so far away that I stopped. I don't know where there are any small bore silhouette matches near me. It would be fun to "get back in the game".
BTW I ordered a brick of Norma TAC-22 and 3 boxes (limit) of SK Standard Plus last night from Midway. The TAC-22 shoots very good out of my S&W 15-22 and not bad out of the Bergara.

I love NRA Highpower Silhouette shooting, I prefer it over Smallbore, but both are a lot of fun. And smallbore is easier in the summer, don't have to worry about cooling down the barrels.

My Anschutz shoots SK pretty good, and an old CZ I had loved it.

If it works on the turkey targets at their distance then it will work on all of them.

Call it what ever you want LOL.

I've had RWS R50 Put 10 rounds in one hole at 40m and 60m, and open up to a 0.8" group at 100m. And other ammo like RWS Rifle Match, Eley Tenex and SK shoot 0.5" 10 shot groups at 100m. Crappy ammo? Not, but let's agree to disagree.

I may just move the target out to the 75 yd mark next time. BTW, I can pretty much guarantee that the flyers were not me. Maybe with a bad trigger but not with this rifle. This trigger breaks like ice at about 2.5 lb. and I have a rock solid rest. I can see that the crosshairs don't move during the shot.
I remember shooting indoor small bore and getting flyers even with Eley Green. The best you could buy at the time. Nothing worse than shooting a run and have one out of ten sneak out of the X ring or worse out of the 10 ring.
I have some more ammo on the way. Some more Norma and SK ammo. And just for giggles I lubed some CCI Mini Mags and Federal Target up with some of my homemade lube I use for my cast muzzleloader and centerfire bullets.

Went to the range today to test a bunch of different types of ammo to see what shot best out of my Bergara BMR 22 LR. I had 10 different types of ammo and shot 5 shots of each shooting 5 shot groups in no particular order letting the barrel cool for about 2 mins between groups.
Turns out the rifle like Federal Target and CCI Mini-Mags the best followed closely by Norma Tac 22. Both Remington Target, Cyclone and High Velocity were horrible. Aguila and CCI Std Velocity were OK but nothing to brag about. The three different Win types I shot generally shot good but each one had a flyer. More shooting would have to determine if they were inconsistent.
All ammo was shot at 50 yards using a Caldwell Bipod and sand bags on the butt. Rifle has a very nice trigger and is topped with a Leupold 4.5 - 14X Vari X III.
I don't have a Bergara but I do have a Tikka T1x with a 20 inch barrel and a Vortex 4 x 12 x 44 that I not only shoot but my rifle students do too. We regularly shoot it at 100 yards using Winchester 40 gr hollow points and Federal Match ammo. Both loads turn 0.6 moa groups at 100 yards. If there are flyers pretty much 100% of the time it's the nut behind the scope.

I had never tried it before as I got such great results with Midas + match ammo but very $$$$. On a whim I bought some "Norma Tac" 22, 40 grain ammo and it shot 10 rounds into 1 inch at 100 yards, at 1/2 the price of the Lapua. If you come across some it is worth a look.

Recent Posts