Did Wipeout Products Ruin My Barrel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have any JB Bore paste or JB Borebright polish? I have used those 2 on customers barrels with good results.
Powder residue has had similar results for me, especially stuff like RE33 and US869, not sure why…

Cheers.
The 869 is dirty

It was the accelerator by itself for 45 minutes.
From their site;
"WIPE-OUT ACCELERATOR™ is not meant to be used by itself as a cleaner, but is a catalyst that enhances the action of WIPE-OUT™ ."

On the bright side looks like you have a barrel that you can use for fireforming.
I'm glad you brought this up:

II. WIPE-OUT ACCELERATOR™ will protect all metal parts including the bore against corrosion & rust.
III. WIPE-OUT ACCELERATOR™is totally safe for all steels (both stainless and carbon)
X. WIPE-OUT ACCELERATOR™ cannot gum or leave behind solids that render the firearm useless.

Yet it trashed my barrel in 45mins…

Oh here's a laugh!
IMG_0710.jpeg

Last edited:
Here's 20rnds down the bore:

View attachment 486536
No change in the CORROSIVE PITTING!
The bullets were probably pure lead cores flying out the end!

JuSt sChz00t iT! 😜
Wow! I have NEVER seen a barrel this bad. It must have been photoshopped. No, just kidding, but I really feel for you.

It would be interesting to have that analyzed by a professional to determine what it is in the barrel. Again, that sucks.

I would clean the copper out load up some Tubs bullets to fire lapp the barrel.
An idea, but don't have high hopes for success. Whatever is in the barrel, it is hard. Isso didn't phase it, it pulled the copper off the bullets. I say section the barrel lengthwise, harvest the crystals, and have a jewler build the wife a new ring. Gingerman can easily hide the cost of a new $1200 barrel in the cost of the project. This way everyone wins. wife gets a new, custom, very unique ring, and he gets a new barrel. Heck, I would even have them to melt down some of the SS to make the ring from. This way the $1200 is imbedded so to speak.

Gingerman do you belong to any other forums?
If so you could ask if anyone else had damage from Wipe out products in the past.
Have a few other enraged users in your corner
Yes:

I saw Sniper's Hide posts about this from 2013. There are a couple where the Wipeout owner claimed at first that the red color guys were getting out of their barrels was due to the red colored caps of the can leaching into the product. Then there was a post of a custom gunsmith having 5-6 barrels ruined like mine. That gunsmith got no help from Wipeout.

Owner of Wipeout on the phone told me I was the first to have a problem with his products. I reminded him of the Snipers Hide accounts. His reply to that was, "Well, what are you wanting from me? Are you just trying to win the lottery?"

Yes:

I saw Sniper's Hide posts about this from 2013. There are a couple where the Wipeout owner claimed at first that the red color guys were getting out of their barrels was due to the red colored caps of the can leaching into the product. Then there was a post of a custom gunsmith having 5-6 barrels ruined like mine. That gunsmith got no help from Wipeout.

Owner of Wipeout on the phone told me I was the first to have a problem with his products. I reminded him of the Snipers Hide accounts. His reply to that was, "Well, what are you wanting from me? Are you just trying to win the lottery?"
Pretty sure they will NOT win any sales lottery with the folks on this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts