Did Wipeout Products Ruin My Barrel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parshal,Glad your barrel worked out good.
When younger I worked part time for a gunsmith that had a barrel full of all kinds of barrels with buldge's in them from shooting them when they were not quite right.Pistols as well as rifle's.
Just saying Isso and J B won't cause a barrel to swell and damage it.Try that first.

Here's 20rnds down the bore:

IMG_0703.jpeg

No change in the CORROSIVE PITTING!
The bullets were probably pure lead cores flying out the end!

JuSt sChz00t iT! 😜

Last edited:
Might be a dumb question, but was this your first time using Wipeout and Accelerator on this rifle? Have you used it on others in the past?

When was the rifle last cleaned and how many rounds were fired?

I am not a chemist by any means, but I find it extremely unlikely that wipeout and accelerator would tarnish a stainless steel barrel like that in 45 minutes. @FURMAN have you ever seen this? I know that you have used the wipeout and accelerator combo a bunch.

I am not a chemist by any means, but I find it extremely unlikely that wipeout and accelerator would tarnish a stainless steel barrel like that in 45 minutes.
It was the accelerator by itself for 45 minutes.
From their site;
"WIPE-OUT ACCELERATOR™ is not meant to be used by itself as a cleaner, but is a catalyst that enhances the action of WIPE-OUT™ ."

On the bright side looks like you have a barrel that you can use for fireforming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts