Did Wipeout Products Ruin My Barrel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your worried about the picture whats left your seeing I guarantee is just the bore not mopped out clean enough and those are solvent bubbles. I took a pic the other day and I'll see if I can find it on my phone and post it. Same kind of spots.

20221101122204.jpeg

See that little spec. Same as yours. You just have a lot left. This one was just at the start in front of the neck. Buddy sent it to me. I told him to mop it more and it disappeared.

From their site;
"WIPE-OUT ACCELERATOR™ is not meant to be used by itself as a cleaner, but is a catalyst that enhances the action of WIPE-OUT™ ."
Thanks for posting I had always thought about letting it sit for a while

Last edited:
If your worried about the picture whats left your seeing I guarantee is just the bore not mopped out clean enough and those are solvent bubbles. I took a pic the other day and I'll see if I can find it on my phone and post it. Same kind of spots.
I've run the cupboard of solvents, brushes, degreasers, through the bore and the bubbles just don't go away. I do like the fact your buddies bubble did go away!

From their site;
"WIPE-OUT ACCELERATOR™ is not meant to be used by itself as a cleaner, but is a catalyst that enhances the action of WIPE-OUT™ ."
I know. I just wanted to experiment.

Sounds like you might have been a bit hard on Wipeout if you were using their product NOT as they have instructed. Either way, I hope you get it cleaned out and back to your satisfaction.
I also read the label said, "Won't harm barrel steel".

Saw this too:
II. WIPE-OUT ACCELERATOR™ will protect all metal parts including the bore against corrosion & rust.
III. WIPE-OUT ACCELERATOR™is totally safe for all steels (both stainless and carbon)
and the big one:
X. WIPE-OUT ACCELERATOR™ cannot gum or leave behind solids that render the firearm useless.

Last edited:
I've left Patchout and Accelerator in the barrel overnight and never had a problem.

Are you using ANY other chemicals in the bore?

After years of Wipe Out with Accelerator use I have never had an issue. I've come back a couple of days later and still good. Caveat… that doesn't mean something crazy didn't happen to you. Is this a factory or aftermarket barrel? Perhaps it uncovered an issue you weren't aware of.

I've left Patchout and Accelerator in the barrel overnight and never had a problem.

Are you using ANY other chemicals in the bore?
Nope, I alcohol flush and use a degreaser prior to firing sessions. The accelerator went in with no other chemicals.

I've left the two products in overnight on barrels for years too. Weird. I had another barrel produce the reddish stuff, but it didn't fuzzy up like this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.