Dented brass

SPRdave175

lightbulbI've been using LimbSaver's bow grip insulator self adhering pad on my brass deflector and it has really helped in eliminating case damage. I can get about 3 "Brass or Case Savers" made out of 1 grip insulator. I've asked LimbSaver R&D to develop one specifically sized for the AR brass deflector. Anybody else out there come up with a way to minimize denting their prized brass? Two other benefits of using the modified "LimbSaver" product is no brass smearing on the brass deflector and the cases aren't ejected as far from the shooter for easier brass collection.

SPRdave175,

Dave, you might try modifying the ejector spring to regulate where the gun ejects, as well as minimizing ejection damage to the cases. Very simple modification, and quite common among competitive shooters.

These days I use a brass catcher to save my brass. But before that, I just let them fly. The brass catcher method works pretty dang good, and so far haven't seen any dents or dings on any of my brass.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.