Brass catcher

I have a Caldwell and would give it about an average rating. The netting sticks to the hot necks on the brass. After a while, the netting gets holes in it and about all you can do is tie-wrap the netting together or try to wrap some thread around it to close the hole.

The Brass Goat looks interesting. Thanks Carlos88 for suggesting it. Think I will get one on order.

I use a Caldwell when hunting,and find it work fairly well. For shooting at the bench,I'm using a fold up mesh laundry basket. I set it close to the rifle,and put some weight inside to keep it from blowing off. It's pretty effective,and folds up flat to fit easily in my range bag. When shooting pistols,some brass will get by,but for rifles,especially ARs,it does very well. Cheap too.

The brass goat looks interesting for left handed shooting, seems like it would help keep brass deflected down and away from the shooters face

Go get a trucker mesh style baseball cap. Wrap the adjustable strap around your scope base making sure the hat itself covers the brass deflector. Boom, cheapest brass catcher you can get. Lightweight, cheap, effective.
I call this my Poor Man's Brass Catcher! :cool: (Although, I guess it's really a brass deflector.) There is a place for a "real" brass catcher though--like reloaders on the sagerat shooting platforms. I'm in for giving it a try!

My brother showed me a video of the GOAT. It looks great! Even if you don't capture the brass it still ends up right at your feet instead of scattered all around. Nice attachment for shooting at the indoor range.

The goat came in. Fits like a glove. Well designed. I believe it will a great addition to all my doohickies.
I ordered one this morning. Within an hour I got a text message and an email that it had shipped. Wow.....what customer service. Can't recall experiencing anything like that in quite some time. If their product is as good as their customer service they will have a winner..

I ordered one this morning. Within an hour I got a text message and an email that it had shipped. Wow.....what customer service. Can't recall experiencing anything like that in quite some time. If their product is as good as their customer service they will have a winner..
Read somewhere saying that their shipping was lightning fast. đź‘Ť

Only problem I had with fit was my wife's rifle had extended take down pins so I had to change the front pin back to standard.

As a follow-up......I ordered the Brass Goat and an extra magazine. It shipped the same day and arrived at the Post Office two days later. Had a chance to test it this past Sunday at the range and have nothing but good things to say about it. The Brass Goat is well made and fits like a glove. Very easy to attach to the lower. The hopper (magazine) is easy to detach without having to remove the entire thing. Every piece of brass went into the hopper with no issues (only shot 30 rounds so not an extensive test). Based on this limited test, I would recommend this accessory for an AR15. Much better than the Caldwell mesh bag apparatus. Carlos88......thanks for bringing this to our attention.

As a follow-up......I ordered the Brass Goat and an extra magazine. It shipped the same day and arrived at the Post Office two days later. Had a chance to test it this past Sunday at the range and have nothing but good things to say about it. The Brass Goat is well made and fits like a glove. Very easy to attach to the lower. The hopper (magazine) is easy to detach without having to remove the entire thing. Every piece of brass went into the hopper with no issues (only shot 30 rounds so not an extensive test). Based on this limited test, I would recommend this accessory for an AR15. Much better than the Caldwell mesh bag apparatus. Carlos88......thanks for bringing this to our attention.
You're welcome. Haven't gone to the range yet.

Only problem I had with fit was my wife's rifle had extended take down pins so I had to change the front pin back to standard.
I just used a Dremel to relieve the attachment.

Attachments

• 20211111_122831.jpg
    20211111_122831.jpg
    404.7 KB · Views: 67