Brass catcher

Carlos88

Ran across this on arfcom. Thought you all might like to check it out.

I like the look of it. I don't care for either of the two I have with mesh bags because it seems like cases always end up stuck around the edge. Got a weird stovepipe once where I think a case was being held against the action somehow and got eaten by the bolt returning to battery.

Wonder if there's any issue running suppressed, because I have mine gassed up to cycle subs reliably. I'll know in a couple weeks and let y'all know. đź‘Ť

That I don't know. My first thought is there wouldn't be. I have another brass catcher that works really well. It's expensive for what it is though. Let me see if I can find the web page.

Here ya go:

Carlos88, thanx for heads up.....I just ordered one to give a try, currently useing caldwell brass catcher (netting) and have liked them for general use, but, hoping this hard plastic may work better in the field and not burn and get stuck to hot cases. will do a follow up to this in a week or to. NSN75w

My thoughts,, what ever they are worth

Tbr makes the "best" but you'll pay for it.

I run the Caldwell pic rail one as I like to be able to see into the port of needed.

The hard plastic ones are noisy and you can't see into the port so I don't like them

The "net" ones have been an epic fail for me. The brass wrangler is very good. When I saw the brass goat I had to order one. I like the way you can change the storage box so I had to order that as well.

We shall see.

I run the Caldwell pic rail one as I like to be able to see into the port of needed.

The hard plastic ones are noisy and you can't see into the port so I don't like them
Supposedly made of nylon so we'll see if there's a lot of banging around. I'm not the best judge of that. Almost deaf in right ear and left isn't much better. Hearing aids on high help some. 🤣

As cohunt said, the Tactical Brass Recovery catchers are the best and you will pay for them but they attach to the handguard rail on an AR with a quick release lever. They have a spring hinge arm to swing out of the way to clear problems, they are vented on top for gases when shooting suppressed, they have a cloth bag so hot brass doesn't stick and a zippered bottom for quick release of brass. The brass doesn't rattle around like plastic containers do even running through brush hunting pigs. I love 'em obviously . . . my 0.02 anyway.

Go get a trucker mesh style baseball cap. Wrap the adjustable strap around your scope base making sure the hat itself covers the brass deflector. Boom, cheapest brass catcher you can get. Lightweight, cheap, effective.

I like the Caldwell also. I've put the attachment item on all of my ARs for the range & I have a dump bag to empty the net into as necessary. I prefer to police my brass in the field.

"Wonder if there's any issue running suppressed, because I have mine gassed up to cycle subs reliably."

I have a couple of them and they work great, even on a suppressed .300blk