DEFENSIVE EDGE CHEEKPIECE- Whos got one ?

Down Under Hunter

Howdy all,

I am thinking of fitting one of Shauns DE cheekpieces to my new project. It is a new SF 1 sendero than is having a 30 moa rail and Nightforce 5-22 scope. Do you think I'll need the extra height for the big scope ? They look like a really good bit of gear. Are they easy to mount and how have you all found them for fit.

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I have one that's very similar to what Shawn sells... about the only real difference is the one I got has thumb screws so it's a bit easier to slip down or up as needed in the field. Drilling to fit is no problem... all you need is a 5/16" brad point bit and a cordless drill and some patience.

have you tried an eagle stock pack from these guys.... nice cheek weld for the taller Obj. scopes... $35.00 and no holes to drill... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

triadtactical.com

[ QUOTE ]
have you tried an eagle stock pack from these guys.... nice cheek weld for the taller Obj. scopes... $35.00 and no holes to drill... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

triadtactical.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Senderoman.- I've never heard of it before ?? Where can I see one ?

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I've got one on my 338 EDGE that Shawn built for me. It started life as a 300wm Sendero and I kept the original HS Precision stock that came with it. I have a 20 moa Nightforce base with a 5.5 - 22 x 50 NXS scope.

Shawn's cheekpiece is the best one I have. It works better than the ones from McMillan.

[ QUOTE ]
I've got one on my 338 EDGE that Shawn built for me. It started life as a 300wm Sendero and I kept the original HS Precision stock that came with it. I have a 20 moa Nightforce base with a 5.5 - 22 x 50 NXS scope.

Shawn's cheekpiece is the best one I have. It works better than the ones from McMillan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Steelhead,

Thanks for that. Do you have any pics of your stock? I might send mine to Shawn as well but dont know what finishes he does.

Thanks again mate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Here's a picture of mine:

JONES338EDGE2.JPG

And here's one of Shawn's 338AM that he just did:

338AMWEBCAMO.JPG

As you can see, he can paint them too. I've been thinking about sending mine back to have him paint it, but right now I have it covered with a cheekpiece/stock pack, so you can't see that it is just black. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a picture of mine:

JONES338EDGE2.JPG

And here's one of Shawn's 338AM that he just did:

338AMWEBCAMO.JPG

As you can see, he can paint them too. I've been thinking about sending mine back to have him paint it, but right now I have it covered with a cheekpiece/stock pack, so you can't see that it is just black. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Steelhead.

Thanks for the pics. I've seen both on Shawns site ! They look really neat. Can you tell me how you picked your color ?? Also what is your barrelled action painted in ? I really like the green Shawn has on the AM !! Does it really stick and what does it cost ??

Thanks again mate ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.