Cutting Edge Raptor in .264

One way to figure out why your bullets aren't shooting as good as someone else's is to trade 10 of your bullets for 10 of his/hers. Then compare facts, maybe ask the person to shoot in the same conditions too. After that, you have your answer I'd expect. No sense in wasting time and money to try and reinvent the wheel.

1/2 to 3/4" accuracy is not what I call great for a bullet in there price range

That's much better than I've been able to get them to shoot!!! At first I was jacked to shoot the CE's having bought into the hype but the accuracy performance was so poor I though I had a rifle issue till I loaded some Bergers, now the only issues I have is giggling about the crazy groups at insane distances.
I don't know what they need to shoot but my reamers do not have it, I would be very interested to get a cast of a chamber that did shoot them well to compare against what my reamer cuts.

1/2 to 3/4" accuracy is not what I call great for a bullet in there price range

Well most people just stop there in load development when they are thinking normal hunting distances from off the shelf rifles. I'm sure with a good long range rig and a good shooter you should get tiny groups too. I was just trying to fact find to see what potential issues could arise so more people can be satisfied.

The one thing that told me the bullets would not shoot in my rifles is that I shot other bullets at the same time and they were in the .2 range. I have purchased my last Cutting Edge bullet. I would reccomend to anyone that is thinking about buying them to try and find someone that has them and try the bullet first before spending your money on 50. I still have some 7mm--30--and 338 bullets for 50 cents each. [email protected]

I talked to Dan the owner of CEB about your issue. He said feel free to give him a call and see if your issue can be resolved. They have great customer service. The number is on the website Cutting Edge Bullets

I seated the bullets just like they reccomend just to the driving ban with poor results on a 284--6.5x284 and a 338 Lapua.
That isn't how they recommend to seat their copper bullets. They want the STB to jump at least .025" before contact. And then they want the chamber to be configured so the STB will be fully engaged in the free bore before the DB contacts.

I seated the bullets just like they reccomend just to the driving ban with poor results on a 284--6.5x284 and a 338 Lapua.
That isn't how they recommend to seat their copper bullets. They want the STB to jump at least .025" before contact. And then they want the chamber to be configured so the STB will be fully engaged in the free bore before the DB contacts. That would put the DB at least .060" - .070" off the lands.

That isn't how they recommend to seat their copper bullets. They want the STB to jump at least .025" before contact. And then they want the chamber to be configured so the STB will be fully engaged in the free bore before the DB contacts. That would put the DB at least .060" - .070" off the lands.

"When seating the bullets, press the bullets into the case until the SealTite Band comes very close to, or comes in contact with the brass case mouth or use the pre-established COAL method (see 4 below). This will allow approximately .020" jump of the SealTite Band into the chamber throat"

Seems like your supposed to seat them just to the driving band to me!!

Apparently I'm not bright enough to shoot 2 dollar bullets!! So pressing the bullet into the case till the STB touches the case isn't the same as seating them to the driving band?

They send a picture with the bullets telling you how to seat them along with written instructions--I followed there instructions and the picture it was very simple

Actually, a pretty good thread here. It's good to see some smart people taking the time to explain their bullet dynamics, definiitely worth the money to try these bullets. Besides accuracy, let's here a little on game performance from say a 7mm or a 6.5mm bullet at various distances. Anyone shot an animal, pictures?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.