Cutting Edge bullet kills

I'm interested in this as well, I have been testing out some 120 gr 6.5 MTH bullets and they shoot great out of my 6.5 SAUM. I'd like to hear how they work on game.

Not yet, but might next fall. Will be loading some of these little devils soon.

Jeff

IMG_20170208_153448681_zpszgj6uhtk.jpg

I have roughly 100 pig kills and almost 50 big Michigan white tail kills with them. Also one axis deer. So far they have been great. The work exactly as advertised. I started with them in my .458 socom and they worked so well I started using them in my 300blk. It seems like a game changer for that round. When I hit the axis the guides kept callin other guides over to look at the damage. One center .458 hole and about 8" around that five more exit holes. Hey repeatedly asked how many time I shot it I kept saying one. Eventually I showed them the billet and explained. I feel they are a steep above the Barnes as they cause more internal damage. If you get them below min fps they open similar to a Barnes they just don't loose the petals. Only downfall I've had is if I hit a large animal and don't get an exit wound from the petals it only leaves a .30 cal exit that is easily plugged and a very scarce blood trail. It only happens on the lighter bullets. I've never lost one as they never go more than 50 yards so I head in the direction they did and I hate where they lay.
I have only used the raptor line but I've never had better luck.

I haven't killed anything yet, hope too use this on a Yukon moose this fall.

I'm working up a load for the D62s, MTH 225gr, in my 338 Win. Getting 2975fps and .75 moa groups so far. The R-17 or H100V combo seems to not be anywhere near pressure yet in my rifle. R-26 didn't work too hot. The groups did not shrink until I pushed the speeds up. At 2800fps, I got right at moa groups. The company advised I use load data from standard 200gr bullets and that has proven to be good advise for me.

I'm fortunate enough to hunt aoudad year round. I'd like to try the 275's out of my 338LM. Only downside is my place's terrain doesn't allow many long range shot opportunities.

Left is a 361 gr Flat Line from Warner Tool Co. Middle is a 402 gr MTAC from Cutting Edge and right is a 427 gr MTAC also from CE

Good eye. I was waiting to see who would catch that.:cool:

Jeff

Thanks Jeff.

I new the others were CEB but did not recognize the FlatLine. Don't have any is probably why.

I when to the web site and they blur out their sealing band in the pictures.

In all over the last two years I have taken 8 big game animals with 8 shots from 100-503 yards. I have never recovered a bullet, and all animals have dropped in my sight. The farthest an animal moved was a 6x6 elk I took at 320 yards. He went about 45 feet and expired.

In California we are forced to use copper bullets. With Cutting Edge Bullets you get accuracy, consistency, expansion and terminal performance you normally only find in a cup and core construction. So I am very glad to have them in my options.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.