Cutting Edge bullet kills

Logged a cutting edge kill this past Saturday, wasn't disappointed. I took a 125-130" aoudad that weighed 255 lbs with my 458 Socom using the 260gr Maximum Fracture bullet, it ran 40 yards and fell over. Given the lower impact velocity(~1300fps), It expanded very similar to a TSX. It almost lost one of the petals. Expansion was great though .920-.940. I'm sure at a more conventional range for the cartridge it would perform as advertised.

Here's the bullet. And the aoudad

Attachments

• IMG_1896.jpg
    IMG_1896.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_1868.jpg
    IMG_1868.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 383
In what way?

I'm just looking for any experience for the 180 lazer and how they do on not so great shot placement because of wind and its terminal effectiveness at various low impact velocities.

I did drop a ~230lb sow pig with 7mm 135 raptor with a dead centered gut shot. It did get back up and drag itself a short ways before expiring but it showed me its capability due to bad wind call. I don't know how a 180 lazer would have done.

The 260gr Maximus has worked very well for me out of my .458 socom. If my 338LM doesn't sell. I'll switch to the .338 260gr Maximus.

I haven't really tried using Cutting Edge bullets but have always been interested to try it out. I hope those who have had good luck with this would post some pics.

Longtimelongranger hasn't posted in awhile, that I've seen, but he's a very serious long range hunter, and him and his group log a lot of kills every year out west. Last I knew, he had switched to Cutting Edge and wasn't looking back. Killed a lot of animals with them and had very positive things to say about them. He convinced me to try them. They shoot great, but I haven't had a chance to kill anything with them.

I've got well over 100 kills with diffrent cutting. Edge bullets.
I use the 100gr raptor in my 300 blk and have prob 75 of those with that setup. Lots of pigs and large Michigan deer. Several fox also. It works perfect and as advertised. Also shoot the 259gr raptors and 295gr raptors out of my .458 socom. 25 or so kills and all very fast and perfect bullet performance. I have only one with my .375 AM using the 400gr laser. 423 yards on a ram and it floored it instantly obvious I didn't get the bullet as it kept going but it went in the shoulder at .375 and came out about 3" hole.

That was an HS Precision stock on a model 70

I've switched this year to a McMillan Gamewarden. A little lighter and a better field stock.

Sorry I was offline awhile, no I wasn't in jail.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts