Custom Action

I'm am extremely happy with my pierce engineering. To action and will be using those actions for all my builds in the future. Not the Ti everytime but pierce actions in general very nice pieces.

I am building a light for me weight 7mm right now (280 Sherman!). Not a featherweight as I'm targeting 8-8.5 pounds with scope. Because they are local to me, I am using a Stiller Predator. If I wasn't already pushing the limits of my budget or if I needed to shave another .5-.75 pounds, I'd go with a Lone Peak or a Pierce titanium offering.

I'm saving some weight elsewhere with a slightly shorter than standard Proof sendero light and a Manners EH3.

Is pierce the only one offering a to bolt and firing pin? When I built my 6.5 I couldn't find any info on the others. The ones I did they used a fluted bolt but it wasn't Ti. I never thought of it till I was looking for a ultra light rifle and noticed that some were weighed without the bolt.

Tuebor Precision sells their Raider Ti: https://www.tueborprecision.com/actions/raider-ti

The bolt is steel, but apparently one of the founders is an offshoot from Pierce.

May well be my next choice for the 7mm Brux barrel I have sitting in the basement... I hear a lightweight .280AI in my future.

Otherwise, I'm a tri-lug junky, so ARC Nucleus or Curtis Axiom. I'm sure there are others (somewhere around here I have a list of short-lift actions) but I like those.

Kimber action, Weatherby UltraLight action or a lightened Rem 700 for budget minded builds.

Any of the Titanium's if you have the extra coin and want to shave a few more ounces off.

Tuebor Precision sells their Raider Ti: https://www.tueborprecision.com/actions/raider-ti

The bolt is steel, but apparently one of the founders is an offshoot from Pierce.

May well be my next choice for the 7mm Brux barrel I have sitting in the basement... I hear a lightweight .280AI in my future.

I believe they actually make the Mesa Crux ti action also. In fact when I called Tuebor they pointed me towards the Crux.

I have been looking at Ti actions as well. Haven't read one bad thing about the Lone Peak Ti actions. I like the Lone Peak since it has an integrated recoil lug.

Another lightweight action would be the Defiance deviant.

I'm not completely sure but i think pierce has the option for integrated lug. They also offer a TI lug. The whole action with lug is very light.
I'm liking this thread already. Lots of new action to check out.

I called. They're <2h from me. Was going to do the same. They were clearly busy and begrudgingly were open to a visit. Let me know how yours goes?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.