Which custom action???

Why don't I see that when I look at their website? All I see is a big ugly action with a bolt on recoil lug and rail and no information about the bolt.

they just havent put it up there yet. thats why I included the link to 6mmbr.com. call jim tomorrow and he might be able to send you some pictures and give you some more information.

I've shot Nesika, Surgeon, Stiller and several others and next to Bat I would go with Pierce and did on my last build. True custom action and the best customer service I have ever seen.

They will make it the way you want it, BR tang / Rem tang, Pinned lug / keyed lug under action. Any fit you want on the bolt. For my Norma they even extended the barrel thread length for a full 1".

You want it you way, give Pierce a call and Spec. one out.

Just my .02 but 2nd only to Bat. and not by much if any.

Interestingly, I have a few trued 700s and as of yet, I cannot tell any superiority of the custom actions but that said, and in all fairness to the custom action rifles, I haven't had time to play with all of them much yet.

Derek, I feel the main differences are that , yes a properly trued 700 will shoot right with the most expensive custom but the fit, feel and finish is just....well it just has that special something! Lol. Also if a guy ever ends up selling the rifle or action, the 700 that cost 700-800 to buy and true will sell for $400 of your lucky and the $1200 custom will sell for $1200. Unless the custom action makers make their goods more readily available (like Defiance has, love these actions and people) a guy can always sell a used high end custom for what he paid for it new because, for the most part, it's a 3-6 or even 8 month wait to get a lot of the top end actions and people will pay to not wait, I know because I'm one of the guys that will pay more to wait less.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.