Criterion barrels

I have seen a lot of them in 30-06 and 6.5cm and I have one I am waiting on a reamer for but I haven't seen a bad one yet.They make short chamber barrels for the older military rifles and they work pretty good.

I have had 4 factory savage barrels that shoot. 5 moa. My 22- 250 still shot .75 moa after it was shot out and the first 2 inches were a smooth bore. Maybe it's not the barrel

I agree with all here. I have 7mm rem mag, 6.5 cm and a 35 whelen barrels. All are amazing. Brought my shooting skills to the next level and so easy to clean. Buy with confidence. I think being i bought them from NSS that they have gone through the cryogenic treatment on the way out of north Dakota. Lol
I bought four of my Criterion Pre-fits from James at Northland Shooting Supply. He is great to work with! I bought two 6.5x47L barrels, one year apart, used for PRS/competition, and two 6.5x284N, three years apart, used for LRH. Being quite picky about my 6.5x284 chambers, James kindly sent a copy of the Reamer blueprint/spec they use. With both the 6,5x284 and 6.5x47 Pre-fits, the finished chambers were identical. Once headspaced/mounted, I was able to use the same FL dies for each cartridge without adjustment, and the throat dimension with each pair < .002"! Comparable accuracy was achieved using the same load parameters/cartridges. The two 6.5x284 barrels/nuts were supplied with a Cerakote finish, perfectly applied in an attractive smooth matt finish. No, I don't work for Criterion……

I bought four of my Criterion Pre-fits from James at Northland Shooting Supply. He is great to work with! I bought two 6.5x47L barrels, one year apart, used for PRS/competition, and two 6.5x284N, three years apart, used for LRH. Being quite picky about my 6.5x284 chambers, James kindly sent a copy of the Reamer blueprint/spec they use. With both the 6,5x284 and 6.5x47 Pre-fits, the finished chambers were identical. Once headspaced/mounted, I was able to use the same FL dies for each cartridge without adjustment, and the throat dimension with each pair < .002"! Comparable accuracy was achieved using the same load parameters/cartridges. The two 6.5x284 barrels/nuts were supplied with a Cerakote finish, perfectly applied in an attractive smooth matt finish. No, I don't work for Criterion……
Northland has been top notch for me

I have used only one criterion barrel. I bought a prefit from northland and installed it on my savage sa. If all their barrels are like this one I'll be buying more. It shoots fantastic, one ragged hole at 100. Shot sub moa out to 800. Waiting to get to shoot it out past a 1000 this spring.

I have 2 mounted (6.5x284, .308) and both are hammers. I already shot out one (6 5x284) that was amazing so I bought 2 more and a 308 so at least I'd have a spare one for the 6.5

Three years ago I purchased a Criterion pre-fit, 26", 1:8TW, Light Palma. Recently, for another 6.5x284 build, I purchased the same barrel except ordered it with a 1:7.5TW. Shown 100 yard group shot with the first barrel in 2019. The second group was shot with the new barrel in 2022 using the same "exact" load.
44474A1E-DB40-4076-BB30-874D81AAF948.jpegDD7EFAE7-EE72-41AC-AFC4-B54108A13FE2.jpeg

Recent Posts