Hastings barrels

hammer111

I bought a hastings slug barrel for my 1100. I was just reading that some lots of copper solids caused the barrels to bend. How can i tell if I bought a bent barrel. Other than taking to a Smith.

Only way I know how to simply do it is look through the bora at a light. But that is such a big bore I don,t know. If you shout it and it hits way off to the side it will be your answer. lol

I was worrying about the barrel exploding in my face.
I wish I would have known about this before I shot it.

I had a scope issue the first time, now it's fixed. But im hesitant to shoot until I know for sure.

I also read that the problem was associated with early Hastings barrels. I think if im right it was pre 2000's barrels.

So how do I find out when my barrel was made. Are there production numbers that I can contact the manufacturer with.

Can I look it up on the web. So many questions, who knew. I hope I didn't get taken.

How does it look? A shotgun operates at pretty low pressure. Is hastings still in business? I have no idea how you would tell when it was made.

I believe they bought up and plant was reopened.

I had a scope issue and it didn't shoot. Got scope fixed , and got a artificial shoulder.

It's a 12 ga and don't want to shoot it yet. I got a pad for the stock.

I'd like to enlist my nephew for sighting, but I don't want to endanger him.

I'm going to try the new manufacturer and the internet, the former is ify the latter is scary.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.