Criterion barrels

I've had/have a handful of them, and the worst shooting one I had shoots 1/2" groups with the right load. The best shoots bug holes. The rest are in between. Of note, the "worst" one is a standard sporter contour, not heavy sporter, varmint, etc. The rest have been heavy sporters or varmint contours. I bought a Shilen Select Match from Northland and couldn't quite get to 1/2". More like 3/4 to 1" with best being close to 5/8". I replaced it with a Criterion and the groups shrank and consistency improved. The next Criterion I get may fizzle or if I bought another Shilen, it might shine, but these are my experiences. Of course my Mullerworks barrel outshot my Bartlein, too, but that's another story...

I've had 4 and only one shoots halfway decent. Had to send 2 back and other one is a boat anchor collecting dust. I wouldn't touch one with a 10ft pole at that price the sell them for.

Only good thing about criterion is the customer service. They were excellent and tried everything to fix the issues I had.

Mine shoots. Couldn't have asked for anything more.
20190113_112356.jpg
20190210_153500.jpg

Criterion makes a good barrel. I did get one lemon from them that I couldn't get to consistently shoot under .75 moa. They replaced it no problem and the replacement barrel shoots .3s consistently. Just got my 4th barrel from them the other day. My first barrel from them (6.5 creed) shot many groups in the .1s and some even into the .0s with the tightest group I ever shot being .076 moa.