Criterion barrels

I have three Weatherby Accumarks purchased withing three years. Not one shoots to my demands. The only one that comes near being acceptable is the only used one the 300 Weatherby. My first acquisition was the 257 it doesn't come close to two inch let alone one inch this off of bench with lead sled. Because of my large selection of .277 bullets I went ahead and bought the 270 Wea mag. The same story. I've had Pac Nor build two rifles on Sako a Rem 700 actions and was happy. Maybe Weatherby is being short changed is all I can figure with these post or you all work for Criterion

I have three Weatherby Accumarks purchased withing three years. Not one shoots to my demands. The only one that comes near being acceptable is the only used one the 300 Weatherby. My first acquisition was the 257 it doesn't come close to two inch let alone one inch this off of bench with lead sled. Because of my large selection of .277 bullets I went ahead and bought the 270 Wea mag. The same story. I've had Pac Nor build two rifles on Sako a Rem 700 actions and was happy. Maybe Weatherby is being short changed is all I can figure with these post or you all work for Criterion
20180821_140513.jpg

Yep we all work for criterion and their barrels suck

So...does Weatherby use Criterion barrels?

I've had 4 and only one shoots halfway decent. Had to send 2 back and other one is a boat anchor collecting dust. I wouldn't touch one with a 10ft pole at that price the sell them for.

Only good thing about criterion is the customer service. They were excellent and tried everything to fix the issues I had.
Wow, you are the only one with not one, but three negative experiences. Why should you be so unlucky?

Last edited:

When a manufacturer OEM's barrels they specify the "grade"
of the barrel, and they "QC test"
the assembled rifle. What was Weatherby's position during your multiple mishaps?