Crispi Boots

RugerHawg413

I am looking at different types of hunting boots for a elk hunt later this year, from Kenetrek Mountain Extreme 400 to Danner Pronghorns. But, the one brand that I have not heard a ton about is Crispi. If anyone has owned some, please post about what you think of them and the model you own. Also if anyone has had crispi and kenetreks please post about which one you think is better. Thanks for all the info and have a great day!

I was in the same boat last year looking for a new pair of boots. Came down to the Kenetreks and some version of the Crispi line. After trying both, I went with the insulated Crispi Guide boot and absolutely love them! I wear a thin sock in warmer weather and heavier socks when it's below freezing. Great all around boot for an elk hunt.

I purchased a pair of Crispi Thor boots last year for a mule deer hunt that was going to take place in nasty high desert lava fields. I have to say I was extremely impressed with the fit and feel of the boot, and performance was outstanding - lightweight yet good support, and my feet didn't get bruised by the lava nor did I roll my ankle. I usually wear Irish Setters or Redwing boots for work, regular width, if this helps for comparison. I can't do Danner boots as they are too narrow.

I liked the Thor so much I'm looking at the Crispi Nevada for a rifle elk hunt this fall.

Has anyone had experience with Danner Pronghorn 400 grain boots, I know some have said that they come apart pretty easily and others have said they are very good boots. If you have any experience with them, please post and tell me your thoughts. Thanks for everything!

Not sure model I have ankle high leather goretex,Crispi,has real good style vibram.Super compy,bought another pair I liked so much.I was looking at K,s,but where quite a bit more and I have hard core boots Asola and Scarpas. I had a set Danners similar to pronhorn but with better sole,less money but not as good as my Crispi

Last edited:
I've got a pair of Danner Trophy 10 inch. Bought these several years ago and all I have got to say about them is that they are very stiff leather and you really have to put some miles on them to break them in....still not done with that so I usually wear my Lowa Tibets just for comfort.
Tens :cool:

If got those too.There not stiff compared to new Asolo G5, or a Scarba Grand

I used to wear Danner boots exclusively, for work, casual, and hunting. My hunting boots were the Danner Pronghorns. I had a pair of uninsulated, and a pair of 400 grams insulated Pronghorns. After wearing them out (they were all great), I ordered a pair of the new style (about 5 years ago) Danner Pronghorns. They WERE NOT the same !! They were now made in China, and Danner changed the toe area of the boots, making them bigger. They looked like Mickey Mouse boots, which might not matter to some folks, but I thought they looked stupid. I returned them, and bought a pair of Kenetrek Mountain Extreme, uninsulated. They were very comfortable, but didn't fit my foot exactly, so I sold them and bought a pair of Crispi Hunter GTX. They are the most comfortable boot I have ever worn. They are perfect for mountain Elk hunting (my primary activity), and are waterproof. My only negative might be that they are taller (12 inches) than most boots, but that might be good for stream crossing, etc. If you don't want that tall of a boot, I would go with the Crispi Guide, which is 2 inches shorter in height. Both boots are basically the same except for the height.
Bottom line will be which one fits your foot best, due to different construction, etc. You should try the Crispi Hunter or Guide, and if they fit, you will have found your boot of choice. I would avoid the Danners, personally.

I have the guide gtx and I love them. I am looking at another pair now to add a backup pair depending on the weather conditions. They fit like a glove. I upgraded the insole is the only thing I would recommend

I have tried both the Crispi Thor and Briksdal. I normally wear size 12D in other Italian made boots(Asolo) but for the Thor I needed a 12EE (wide) and it's not quite there for me still. The Briksdal doesn't make a wide, so I returned them. In discussing with a boot expert at CrispiUS, they said that both of the models above are on a narrower last than the other models. So, if your foot is a bit narrower, these might be good. Other models would be better if you have an "average" foot. Construction and finish of the boots I've seen is fantastic. Top notch all the way around. I might end up trying the Idaho or Wyoming styles eventually. Or might just go Kenetrek... or Hanwag (made by the brother of Lowa founder) I have a bit of a shoe/boot thing... ;-). I also have a pair of Pronghorns with 1200g of insulation for colder weather or settin'. They fit perfectly with my normal size.

Pronghorns are ok but not very waterproof the factory upgraded me to the grouse boot which is much better but I dislike the cordora panels so not I wear the rain forest uninsulated. These last generally 3 seasons of hard use bird hunting over dogs and big game hunting I have the 600 Gram trophy for insulated boots and they have lasted 10 years I need to replace them this year. These boots are made in the Oregon facility.

I have both the Kenetrek mountain extreme 400 and the crispi guide gtx. I personally prefer the Kenetrek, I like the way it fits better and never had hotspots. They take a bit to get broke in unlike the crispi that feels ready to go out of the box. I have also had a light pair of danners but cannot reminder which one. They didn't survive a 2 week archery elk hunt, they soles were splitting and the lace eyelets were ripping out. I think both the Kenetrek and Crispi are good boots just have the see which one fits you better.

I have both the Kenetrek mountain extreme 400 and the crispi guide gtx. I personally prefer the Kenetrek, I like the way it fits better and never had hotspots. They take a bit to get broke in unlike the crispi that feels ready to go out of the box. I have also had a light pair of danners but cannot reminder which one. They didn't survive a 2 week archery elk hunt, they soles were splitting and the lace eyelets were ripping out. I think both the Kenetrek and Crispi are good boots just have the see which one fits you better.
Ok, thanks so much!

Try on as many as possible. I liked the Crispi Thor. kenetrek are good boots but didn't fit my foot well. I ended up with a solo boots and love them. Everyone's foot is a lil different so what works for me may not work very well for u and vice versa

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.