Crispi Boots

If you're talking archery or early rifle (no snow) the Crispi Thor is light weight and has a sole rating of 4 for stiffness. For me the stiff sole makes a big difference climbing with weight and steep terrain. For my cold weather I have a pair of Scarpa Wrangler and Lowa GTX.
Good luck

I love my Crispi Thor GTX boots so much I bought a 2nd pair for when I wear these out. This boot is extremely light and uninsulated and very waterproof. What I love with this boot is that I can actually stalk game and feel the ground and make a much quieter stalk than with other boots at this price point. I went to the Crispi booth at the Western Hunting Expo in February and looked at all their boots and tried on several different boots other than what I have. The quality and materials are second to none so if you are considering a packing boot or an insulated boot, I could confidently tell you that you wont regret spending the money. I have Kennetrek but they are HEAVY and more bulky. Very good boots but I like to be as quiet as possible in the woods and I struggle in the Kennetreks. Everyone has a different foot and you gotta go with what fits you best. Crispi did not have a break in period where both pairs of Kennetreks I have needed some mileage to get them broken in.

I am also trying to decide between Crispi and Kenetrek. Lately I have been looking more at the Schnees lineup though. I might try going that route.

In the same boat was looking at the guide gtx. Who ever has a pair, now well does the 200g keep you warm in cold weather like 20,s or below? Was looking at the scheels West River the don't do a 10.5 ????

You might be overthinking this question. The main thing is comfort, so use stiffness that suits you. I like the lightest possible shoe and only go to ankle height. With comfortable wool socks, they are good down to zero, but if and only if you use gaiters. Warm legs=warm feet. They should be somewhat waterproof, but if cold, they won't get wet, if warm enough to melt snow, it might not matter much. This combination will get you through any amount of snow and cold, if you can keep moving. So, I use the same shoes from beginning of archery to late fall when the snow is deep, only varying gaiters and type of sock.

In the same boat was looking at the guide gtx. Who ever has a pair, now well does the 200g keep you warm in cold weather like 20,s or below? Was looking at the scheels West River the don't do a 10.5 ????

My Hunter GTX has 200 gr of insulation. I wear a liner sock (Kenetrek Ultimate Liner ) and a heavy wool sock (Kenetrek Alaska), and hunted all day in mine, in knee deep snow and I was comfortable. Socks are more important than the amount of insulation, in my opinion. If you have 1000 gr of insulation, but wear cotton socks, your feet will freeze, but I have worn boots with no insulation (Danner Pronghorns and Kenetrek ME) and my feet were comfortable with the above mentioned sock system.

I bought the insulated Nevada in January. I did a 15 mi overnight backpack on pretty rough trails for break in. I had 2 hot spots in the first 5 miles. I put in mole skin to finish day one. Day two they were good to go. I used them the next week for an aoudad hunt. That was some nasty steep hiking. I'm happy with the boots. Pretty decent side hilling.

My Hunter GTX has 200 gr of insulation. I wear a liner sock (Kenetrek Ultimate Liner ) and a heavy wool sock (Kenetrek Alaska), and hunted all day in mine, in knee deep snow and I was comfortable. Socks are more important than the amount of insulation, in my opinion. If you have 1000 gr of insulation, but wear cotton socks, your feet will freeze, but I have worn boots with no insulation (Danner Pronghorns and Kenetrek ME) and my feet were comfortable with the above mentioned sock system.
Good to know thanks

I'm a big fan of the Crispis. Have wore out two pairs and currently have 4 in use- some insulated and some not. I find them true to size, comfortable with good grip in the rocks. They do wear a little fast I suppose that is why they grip well. The Nevada is my favorite. I owned one pair of Kennetrek Mtn Extremes and they were just too stiff for my liking.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.