Copper Bullets

I have a 6.5 PRC in 1:8 twist. I am starting to hunt blacktails in Northern CA. I hear friends and relatives mention they sometimes see deer 7-800 yards. I still need to find me a range where I can practice shooting those distances.
If you're considering shooting out to 700-800 yards then I'd suggest looking into a high BC bullet.

As far as finding a 1000 yard range in N. Cal I'd look and calguns forum. They should be able to give you some leads. So cal I went to Angles Range and Wes Thompson's. I also went out in blm lands but that can get a bit Western with some of the natives.

That is true. I was looking at Hammer bullets and the BC are pretty low. There are so many choices and I'm taking all responses from everyone and use it to see how it fits me and my budget.
One way to get around the expense of a mono is find one that shoots well in your rifle and try to find a cup and core with the same BC. Then practice with the cup and core. It's not exact but it can help you with judging wind calls and such.

Hmm Cutting Edge 125 gr Lazer Tipped HP might get you there. Going off Nosler's load data you might be able to get 3400-3500 fps out of that bullet with your 6.5-284. That should get to to 800 yards. https://cuttingedgebullets.com/264-6-5mm-125gr-lazer-tipped-hollow-point-50ct
"What are some lead-free bullets that you've used with great success?"

Considering you don't shoot lead free bullets, and you think copper bullets are a threat to the 2A and hunting in America, (Your words) I don't think you have the license to comment to the thread.

I clearly think the OP was asking for experience with use of the copper mono bullets. Not just conjecture.