Cooper Supports Obama...

Eaglet, I understood your post very clearly, some folks just get bind with fear, hate or whatever.

Very strange!

If someone does not believe as you do it is due to fear or hate? How about just a different opinion!!!

Personally, I have no, zero, none, nada knowledge about how the Cooper "workers" feel about Obama, or whether the "workers" sent money to Obama too....do you?

Do you work for Cooper, or have friends that do?

My point, and I thought that I was pretty clear before, is given the choice between two companies, I would send my money to the company NOT associated with Obama.

edge.

Very strange!

If someone does not believe as you do it is due to fear or hate? How about just a different opinion!!!

Personally, I have no, zero, none, nada knowledge about how the Cooper "workers" feel about Obama, or whether the "workers" sent money to Obama too....do you?

My point, and I thought that I was pretty clear before, is given the choice between two companies, I would send my money to the company NOT associated with Obama.

edge.

Very well put edge---that will be the feeling of 95% or so of the people who will be spending hard earned monies for these kinds of products! Cooper is finished in the Firearms Industry period end of story. No one in their right mind would back a moron like that except some isolated liberal types who just are looking to make a point!!

I understand both sides of this. Not sure what to think about the Cooper Firearms Company. I do think that Dan Cooper is a PUTZ!

Steve

Very strange!

edge.

Edge, Maybe refering to fear and hate was a little strong but that's the way it came off.

As far knowing how the workers feel, all I can say is that *The Company* posted a statement saying that they do not, repeat, do not agree with Cooper's political views and asked him to resign. And as I said, I will take them on their word based on their statement and action that they do believe in 2nd Admendment priviledges and they do not support BHO.

No, I don't know the workers at Cooper personaly nor do I know the workers at Ruger or Remmington or any of the other US gun makers. If you want to take it to that level then you should interview them all. I'm sure you would find a small percentage in all of them that probably support BHO. If so then maybe you should stop buying guns all together and start making them your self from scratch.

You certainly have the right to spend your money the way you want to, but IMO to boycot the Cooper Company at this point is self defeating to our cause.

It's interesting that the NRA has not come out with a statement on this yet, not that I know of. I think there is still a lot going on behind the scenes as far as the restructuring of Cooper Arms and there will be more to follow.

Very well put edge---that will be the feeling of 95% or so of the people who will be spending hard earned monies for these kinds of products! Cooper is finished in the Firearms Industry period end of story. No one in their right mind would back a moron like that except some isolated liberal types who just are looking to make a point!!

Boss Hoss, I for one will not buy a gun made from Dan Cooper or any company that he owns and I sure hope you are not inplying that I support him because you will not find that in any of my posts. Early on my position was to wait until all the facts were out and give Mr Cooper a chance to speak for himself. That has happened and he is infact an unrepentant Obama supporter Therefore I will not support Mr Cooper. I will however support what is presently known as Cooper Firearms for reasons already stated.

I also hope that you are not implying that I am a liberal, because if you are, you speak from ignorance sir. People who know me, know that I am not a liberal and most importantly I know that I am not a liberal. I am a life member of the NRA and I cherish my 2nd Admentment privildges and I love shooting and hunting. I also do not support Barak Obama nor Dan Cooper. Please dont twist what I say or misrepresent me and I will afford you the same courtesy.

I personally believe that directing our wrath against the company at this point is unfair and unjust and self defeating. And on top of that they make a fine rifle and it would be a shame to see them go under.

We all have uor opinions, and this is mine.

Last edited:
Let me try and put this into a perspective that you will be able to understand..

First if Dan Cooper is the partial owner or has an ownership interest in this company even by proxy he will be receiving profits or compensation in one form or another. This might even be possibly from another company that he has an interest in that supplies parts or materials to Cooper Rifles for incorporation into the final product. There are many many ways to get around the "appearance" that one is no longer associated with a private entity. My point is that not everyone is capable of being duped that easily. Please understand that I am not calling you stupid or anything of the sort only naive and not understanding the possible total scope of the issue. Just so you know the reason I am somewhat jaded as my profession has shown some of the aforementioned activities that were alluded to above during fact finding activities done in the past so "this is not this cowboys first rodeo" so to speak.

Not calling you a liberal however, your views on this matter certainly give that outside appearance or one that is naive. I hope this has helped you in some small way!

The issue is not "fear" or "hate" of Dan or Obama. It is an issue of providing financial support to someone who may have a fundamental difference of opinion with you, the consumer. There are many other semi-custom rifle manufacturers who are solidly on the side of American shooters and their collective interests. Dan's actions suggest that he is not.

As to Eaglet's speculation that Dan may be literally CRAZY - well that notion is just...........well crazy. He is obviously quite an ingenious riflesmith with exceptional business skills. He may support Obama but that doesn't make him CRAZY. At least not in the clinical sense of the word.

Dan made an incredibly poor decision that will have an adverse impact on his company. "Stepping down" is nothing more than a superficial manipulation to minimize the damage caused by his support of a rabidly anti-gun candidate.

Let me try and put this into a perspective that you will be able to understand..

First if Dan Cooper is the partial owner or has an ownership interest in this company even by proxy he will be receiving profits or compensation in one form or another. This might even be possibly from another company that he has an interest in that supplies parts or materials to Cooper Rifles for incorporation into the final product. There are many many ways to get around the "appearance" that one is no longer associated with a private entity. My point is that not everyone is capable of being duped that easily. Please understand that I am not calling you stupid or anything of the sort only naive and not understanding the possible total scope of the issue. Just so you know the reason I am somewhat jaded as my profession has shown some of the aforementioned activities that were alluded to above during fact finding activities done in the past so "this is not this cowboys first rodeo" so to speak.

Not calling you a liberal however, your views on this matter certainly give that outside appearance or one that is naive. I hope this has helped you in some small way!

I know what you are saying and although it may sound like I am naive about these business matters, I am not. I don't know all the ins and outs about it, but I do know that Mr Cooper could retain a relationship with the company in numerous ways. I do believe and hope (maybe naively) that the company would like to sever its ties with Mr Cooper and distance themselves as much as possible. I know how I would feel about it if I were one of the executives or employees... somewhere in the range of numb to outraged. My *guess* is that there are negotiations and legal agreements being arranged while this thread is being posted to. No doubt that Cooper Arms is getting a lot of *suggestions* and *encouragement* via phone and email on a daily basis. I personally believe that they should make themselves as transparent as possible. In the mean time, I have no problem going out and buying a Cooper Rifle tomorrow if I had the funds.

Some of us err on the side of consequences and some of us err on the side of the benefit of the dout... I the latter, especially when the consequences cause such drastic collateral damage. There is probably a benefit to having both sides.

I called the NRA today to see if they had looked into it or were going to make a statement. The representative's reply was that "Dan Cooper had stepped down..." and that they were not planning to make any statements at this point, that they were taking a "look and see what happens" position.

The issue is not "fear" or "hate" of Dan or Obama. It is an issue of providing financial support to someone who may have a fundamental difference of opinion with you, the consumer. There are many other semi-custom rifle manufacturers who are solidly on the side of American shooters and their collective interests. Dan's actions suggest that he is not.

Oh I think there is a lot of fear running out there and maybe the word *anger* should be used instead of *hate*. As to who is supporting American shooters and their collective interests, I find it very interesting that none of us knew about Dan Cooper's leanings until he was interviewed by USA Today. Have all the execs and employees of these other companies been interviewed and their contributions scrutinized?

As to Eaglet's speculation that Dan may be literally CRAZY - well that notion is just...........well crazy. He is obviously quite an ingenious riflesmith with exceptional business skills. He may support Obama but that doesn't make him CRAZY. At least not in the clinical sense of the word.

Well.... a lot of folks would have classified Hitler as both a genious and a mad man as well as many others... a common demominator seems to be pride and ego. I would say that Mr Cooper's endorsement of BHO was professionally suicidal. Is that crazy??? I think it is.

Dan made an incredibly poor decision that will have an adverse impact on his company. "Stepping down" is nothing more than a superficial manipulation to minimize the damage caused by his support of a rabidly anti-gun candidate.

MO is that his decision was more than *poor*, it was willfully neglegent meaning it was also premeditated. Who knows what he thought he would gain out of it if anything? Favor with a new administration? Or maybe it was just extremely naive personal conviction that BHO was actually on his side as a shooter, hunter and manufacturer of firearms? Stepping down was a little more than *superficial*. This is a company that he has poured over 20 yrs into. I think that he will eventually become completely severed from it and there will most likely be a company name change, at least I hope so.

MontanaRifleman,

It was not my intention to get anyone upset.

For whatever is worth, I'm also a NRA life member and fully agree with your line of thinking so far.

At least we can all agree that Obama is not the man we want for president; and that is good!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.