Obama ammo ban

The policy is already in place and being implemented by the US F&G, and Federal Parks Service so yes, to undo it would require undoing what's already in place.

Somehow I doubt Trump's boys are spending much time hunting public land so no, I can't see it having any effect on them.

Actually Donald Trump Jr. shows up hunting in some surprising places, he has show up at some shooting matches around the country as well and shot well.

Actually Donald Trump Jr. shows up hunting in some surprising places, he has show up at some shooting matches around the country as well and shot well.
He will never be dependent on public lands for his hunting.

We can only hope that Trump cares enough about keeping our votes in 2020 to address the issue.

It will very likely come down to him deciding on which will mean more votes for him in 2020 and how much support he's going to need from Democrats in the House and Senate to get his legislative agenda through congress.

He's definitely going to need democratic support for some of his agenda and in order to get that support he's going to have to be willing to throw them some bones.

I certainly hope he'll rescind that EO but I'm not counting on it and even if he does it's only at best a brief reprieve that isn't likely to last beyond his presidency.

I don't know if it was public land or not, but Donald Trump Jr. killed an archery elk in Martin Co. Kentucky six days before senior's inauguration. He's a passionate big game hunter and he moved to Colorado for 18 months when he was younger just so he could elk hunt, he worked as a bartender during that time. I'm sure he's hunted public land more than most.

The legalize language mentions all sorts of lands that MAY be affected. It is hard to tell what lands it will affect, but I know it affect Federal Wildlife Refuges. This is encouraging, at the end of the document:

If we do not amend, supersede, or revoke it, the provisions of this Order will terminate on July 31, 2018.

/sgd/ Daniel M. Ashe

DIRECTOR

link to the document:

https://www.fws.gov/policy/do219.html

morning, the ammo gestepo sp does not care how expensive ammo gets. they make

more money. I have no grief for the ammo makers. why r the primers, brass and other

reloading equip. disappearing? I called this before this happened. they make

more money off loaded ammo. do not have to pay the extra labor and manf.

cost. THK. U lightbulb:)gun) I wish I was wrong.

I don't know if it was public land or not, but Donald Trump Jr. killed an archery elk in Martin Co. Kentucky six days before senior's inauguration. He's a passionate big game hunter and he moved to Colorado for 18 months when he was younger just so he could elk hunt, he worked as a bartender during that time. I'm sure he's hunted public land more than most.

He's also an unprecendented supported of passing the Hearing Protection Act and the use of suppressors for both your hearing and as a courtesy to others.

Which is something we need to help spur-along the process of passing the HPA!

the no lead EO affects the western states dramatically. Western states have huge percentages of federal land compared to the Midwest and east. Many here in Az sight in, work up loads and practice in desert areas where we can shoot over 300 which is the limit at ranges. One would think the NRA who has millions of Hunter/Shooter dollars would jump on this subject on our behalf!

It is public land not federal people! All the people that have a interest in a solid copper bullet company do not care if traditional bullets can be used on public land. All it means to them is more money. I wouldn't count on any of the mono bullet manufacturers to say a word to oppose this ban or try to get it removed.

It is public land not federal people! All the people that have a interest in a solid copper bullet company do not care if traditional bullets can be used on public land. All it means to them is more money. I wouldn't count on any of the mono bullet manufacturers to say a word to oppose this ban or try to get it removed.

I have always said that I do not agree with the lead ban on bullets. I am not changing my tune now. I made the move to copper bullets years ago and it was not due to the toxic nature of lead. I am certainly willing to compete in an open market and work to convince shooters of the benefits of using our pure copper bullets. I can not speak for any other manufactures but you now know of one who is not in support of the regulation. Not because I am in favor of lead but because I am a free market guy.

Steve

I have always said that I do not agree with the lead ban on bullets. I am not changing my tune now. I made the move to copper bullets years ago and it was not due to the toxic nature of lead. I am certainly willing to compete in an open market and work to convince shooters of the benefits of using our pure copper bullets. I can not speak for any other manufactures but you now know of one who is not in support of the regulation. Not because I am in favor of lead but because I am a free market guy.

Steve
Happy to stand corrected Steve and thank you for your support. We'll see if companies like Barnes and Cutting Edge do the same but I doubt it.

Happy to stand corrected Steve and thank you for your support. We'll see if companies like Barnes and Cutting Edge do the same but I doubt it.

You may be correct. I just hate to see anything that regulates the shooting sports due to the fact that it is always an incremental step towards infringement on the 2nd amendment. Lead bans in pipe and paint etc did not turn out so bad but neither one of those are connected so closely to the constitution.

Steve

One thing that I find interesting is that a larger companies like Hornady would of not put so much effort into making a new tip and then a new line of bullets, ammo, etc..etc.. and all the other companies making lead based bullets, to be slapped in the face with such a bill. I think there is a lot smaller market or market line that uses the solid copper bullets. Not saying one is better than the other but there are several new bullets this last year that are still lead based. Seems some what odd if they new or somewhat new there was talk of this or if it was possible coming down the pipe or already on the table.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.