Components - How Far Will You Travel to Purchase a Brick of FM215?

How far will you travel?

• 100 Miles?

Votes: 67 87.0%
  • 500 Miles?

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • 1,000 Miles?

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
to reply to a comment from earlier, Insane times often require insane actions.
here we drive 50 or 80 miles to source anything at any time. drove 185 miles for a scope. January drove 880 miles south and picked up a trigger.
Our best source was just told by his supplier a year till next bulk delivery.
Pays to be a bit of a prepper these days.

I started reloading last year and i was fortunate enough for some hand me downs from my dad. He gave me 2k 210's and 1k 215's. Now im running out of 210's and cant find them any where close in idaho. Driving over 5 hours or 300 miles doesn't work for me. So im stuck searching. Wish i would have got into reloading sooner or paid attention to how important and hard primers are to obtain.

Take it from an older man; hindsight is always 100%.

I'm good... when I run my 215's I'll switch to either wlrm or rem 91/2m depending on what the load wants... I won't play the road trip game for supplies. I drive enough already

I have a good selection of powder and primers but I just dropped below 11,000 primers I have powder from h-1000 all the way to bench mark on the burn rate chart.I will buy when the price good but not paying gun broker prices.I would rather take a nice long road trip and enjoy the ride and the shopping.Happy Easter 🐣 Everyone

I have never used any Federal Primers in almost 60 years of hand loading. I never had a need to switch.
Since day one, it has always been CCI on the bench and in the storage.

I can honestly say that I will stay home and not seek any Federal 215M's or any other Federal primer.

Please note: I never said a bad word about Federal primers.

I have a lunch route that I run every 2-3 weeks. Sometimes fall into primers and generally buy a brick when I find them. A lady at Cabelas said to me during the last trip "oh looking for primers, huh?". I said "yes". She said "there were 20 or more boxes here the other day. They didn't last long." I left and went to Bass Pro and stumbled into a brick of CCI SR. My trip is probably 60+ miles. I don't care about the gas. Just get out during lunch.

Never felt the need to buy a brick in my 30 years of reloading until now. Now I buy them whenever possible.

When at Brownells recently I bought a brick of CCI SR Magnum. I had no idea they even made SRM. Seems like an oxymoron. I look forward to trying them in my 6.5 CM Lapua brass. Gonna become a "SUPER CREEDMOOR" that is if a Creedmoor can even get any better. haha

I'm at 10K of variety. Should be set for a long while, but will still buy more rifle primers when I cross them. I'm stocked on powder and generally leave it on the shelf for others.

I would drive a few hundred miles for N570 or similar powder and 245 grain Berger EOL's to feed a 300 Norma Improved build underway. Would gladly drive to Denver, 4.5 hrs away if I found any.

Think I have you all beat, last year when I saw shortages coming I couldn't find federal 215 primers, Cabela's of Canada had them course they don't ship to Pennsylvania, but I was going for a moose hunt in October so they shipped them to my outfitter, and I think I went just over 1100 miles to pick them up, and kill a moose. Always a good time in Newfoundland
Oswego Illinois to Doubis Wyoming 1216 miles one way grabbed 2 bricks Remington small rifle br went to visit the in laws

Recent Posts