Components - How Far Will You Travel to Purchase a Brick of FM215?

How far will you travel?

• 100 Miles?

Votes: 67 87.0%
  • 500 Miles?

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • 1,000 Miles?

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters

Muddyboots

So with components being more scarce than politician integrity, how far will you drive to purchase certain components in person such as powder or primers? Is a days drive worth the time and gas cost for a brick of FM 215 primers?

Just how desperate are you?

Think I have you all beat, last year when I saw shortages coming I couldn't find federal 215 primers, Cabela's of Canada had them course they don't ship to Pennsylvania, but I was going for a moose hunt in October so they shipped them to my outfitter, and I think I went just over 1100 miles to pick them up, and kill a moose. Always a good time in Newfoundland

Funny that you should ask. We do silly things when we're desperate. LOL

I was lamenting here on LRH about how badly I needed some Fed 210M primers and that I hadn't seen any in a year. One of the posters said that he saw them in two local stores where he lives in Conn. I live on Lng Island.

I called both stores, one was out but the other had 2 bricks. I tried to pay for them over the phone but the guy wouldn't let me. I explained that I will be driving from NY and can't take the chance of someone selling them before I get there. The guy said I'll put them in the back and they'll be here when you arrive.

I would say it was at least 100mi each way. I just made a day trip out of it and got the primers. They were $115 each IIRC. He had plenty of CCI primers on the shelf but they were even more expensive.

I've just sucked it up and bought what I could when I could. Only thing I wish I had more of is 168 .284 Berger VLDs and small rifle primers.

The prices suck but it's kept me shooting