So how far do you back off ?

6.5 StaBAL is not unlike BLC-2, (flake) which is a common military powder spec. The 7.62x51 (308) M80 and M118 loads use a magnum primer to insure complete, reliable ignition of the flake.

6.5 StaBAL is not unlike BLC-2, (flake) which is a common military powder spec. The 7.62x51 (308) M80 and M118 loads use a magnum primer to insure complete, reliable ignition of the flake.
Actually, it's ball powder. Which is different than flake which would be like a shotgun powder. You are correct with the mag primers though.

So I'm working loads for my 7-08 and yea I'm up there on powder 🙃.
I added a suppressor and I'm getting extractor swipes no hard bolt lift .
I ran a 10 round test and the SD was 18 it hovered at 3040 to 3080 and the last was 3110 probably didn't let it cool enough.
I love my new garmin! Simple and easy.
Loads are as follows
Lapua 2x fired brass
Fed 215
51.3 gr staball6.5
140 ttsx

All out a 26 inch brux with a suppressor.

I'm definitely leaning on it and know it but it groups in the same hole if my dumb *** does my part .

I'm thinking atleast 1 gr maybe 2 and work back up . I'm still not 100% sold on this powder tho.
What is primary purpose of the rifle and desired max range?

What is primary purpose of the rifle and desired max range?
It's primarily for hunting and it needs to be a dual state gun . Arizona no big deal shoot what you will but I need it for California trips with my dad who still lives there . It's very capable out to around 600 as it hits the minimum 1800 fps expansion right in there somewhere.

I have had great success with Rl- 16&19.
As well H-4350 then Ramshot Tac.
Consistent accuracy H-4350.
But that's on the East side of the country.
Fed 210M. Have Fun be Safe. 👍

IMG_0008.jpeg

Here's what the powder manufacture recommends…

View attachment 550024
Here's what the powder manufacture recommends…
Thanks I think I'll come down around 47gr and work up .3 gr and run a new ladder. When I first worked this up I didn't have a chronograph so it was load till it shoots a group and stop . That was r17 it told me it would run in the 3k range and still hold a group at 3035 av with a SD of 9 but it wasn't stable in temp . Ran across another member with a labradar . Went to staball6.5 added can and ran over magneto speed for data . Pain in the butt . 5 for group then 5 for data each time . I just upgraded to the garmin about 2 weeks ago . It's super nice . Dad always said it doesn't matter how fast it is if it don't go where you aim.

CrazyMonkey, change to a cci 250 primer, as they burn much cooler than a 215 for a start. Look carefully at the swipe on the back of the brass. If the bolt face is not square to the chamber, you will get a swipe first on the high side, other things can cause this also.

Chances are, you are about 1.0-2.0g too hot, but accuracy trumps all. If you are not getting hard extraction or increased bolt lift, it deserves a deeper discussion.

It is also noteworthy to consider the temp you worked up the load at, and then what temp you will be hunting in.

CrazyMonkey, change to a cci 250 primer, as they burn much cooler than a 215 for a start. Look carefully at the swipe on the back of the brass. If the bolt face is not square to the chamber, you will get a swipe first on the high side, other things can cause this also.

Chances are, you are about 1.0-2.0g too hot, but accuracy trumps all. If you are not getting hard extraction or increased bolt lift, it deserves a deeper discussion.

It is also noteworthy to consider the temp you worked up the load at, and then what temp you will be hunting in.
It's built on a interarms Mauser action ( my grandfather's) no hard bolt lift at all so I'm probably right at the point of just about to much . I'll need to get a new rear bag before testing again I had a Caldwell and didn't like it so I got a Phoenix custom rear bag and I'm still not quite happy .I'll see if I can get some primers and give it a go .The temp is always a problem here in Arizona it's hot like 115 then cold then balances out . Which is why I'm on the hunt for a temp stable load.

Actually, it's ball powder. Which is different than flake which would be like a shotgun powder. You are correct with the mag primers though.
Thanks… You are correct, it is a ball powder, not a flake, but it looks more like little fat pancakes
that is does a round ball 😂 meters great.
My best load used CCI #34 NATO primers.

I was running some tests with r15 and r17 and 17 was good but horrible when it came to temp sensitivity . Here in Arizona it gets hot 🔥 and then cools down . The staball6.5 meters awesome and is supposed to be stable . Varget was impossible to find it might be available now.
$64.99 a lb in Tucson, I've seen Varget around a few places for that price. Good news is no shipping or hazmat...

These prices are the new normal, I'll pay lol! And I'll take higher prices over empty shelves any day 👍

I agree with Texas above. PPU seems like great brass in 7-08 and your loads seem a title warm. If I'm not mistaken the ttsx is a mono and could engrave a little harder than cup and core. My 7-08 tops out at 49 and change with cup and core (nosler bt) bullets.and shoots best at 48 and change.