How much do you personally trim off your cases?

engineer40,
I use a SINCLAIR Chamber Length gauge to find what my actual chamber length is and subtract .010 from the gauge length. You have to know what's what and go from there.

+1. I use the sinclair trimmer with micrometer and stand as well it gets them all within .0005. Its good to know your chamber length. I try to keep all cases the same length while trying to reduce trimming. The more consistent your cases are the better.

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob

I trim to the "trim-to" lengths when its needed. Sinclair/Wilson trimmer for precision/bolt gun stuff. Dillon power trimmer for bulk .223s for the AR.

I trim to the "trim-to" lengths when its needed. Sinclair/Wilson trimmer for precision/bolt gun stuff. Dillon power trimmer for bulk .223s for the AR.
Ditto on Semi -auto , pump or lever action. Should have added in post that I just use the chamber length gauge on Bolt Action Rifles.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts