Component forecasting

There is a simple solution, America needs to open the spigots wide and sell oil and natural gas openly abroad, that takes the funds out of these oppressive regimes and at the same time takes the power out of our own. The majority of American people only know what they are told, but show them the benefits of a strong $ and economic security at home and they will learn a quick lesson they won't soon forget.

Covid aside, you cannot deny the accomplishments of DJT, but you can also acknowledge his failures.
I disagree i think we should buy our oil from other countries at cheapest prices available and save ours and let them take a flying leap when theyrun out and the oil field is what fed me for 80 percent of my life. David

I thought about this as well. I'm getting ready to downsize a bunch of powder and I'm tempted to hold it. How many rounds are being sent down range daily in Ukraine…how many are nato using daily for training exercises. I bet the number is mind blowing.

18 months ago primers and powder were 30-40 per thousand and pound. Now primers are 100/thousand. Seems like powder might head the same direction.
The Ukrainians are using 7.62x39 and 5.45x39mm which is primarily produced in Europe, that's not going to really impact us.

Apparantly we also sent them a handful of M-14's and we've still got military stocks of 7.62x51mm from the Vietnam era that need to go somewhere since we've basically given up on the round here.

Why is the oil industry any different from any other industry? What makes them so special that requires artificially inflated prices?

The playing field isn't level and the majority of the players are hostile to the American people.

Increase your market share and any drop in price is offset by the increase in quantity.

Why is the oil industry any different from any other industry? What makes them so special that requires artificially inflated prices?

The playing field isn't level and the majority of the players are hostile to the American people.

Increase your market share and any drop in price is offset by the increase in quantity.
We were depleting our reserves of oil before anyone else that is why I feel we need to conserve some of what we have left oil is what made this country every well that is drilled is on a decline the minute it is being produced so you want to deplete our resource and put other nations in command on volume and price of what they will sell you that would be the last straw that would do this country in the world revolves on oil at this point in time no other way around it. David

wrong post

We were depleting our reserves of oil before anyone else that is why I feel we need to conserve some of what we have left oil is what made this country every well that is drilled is on a decline the minute it is being produced so you want to deplete our resource and put other nations in command on volume and price of what they will sell you that would be the last straw that would do this country in the world revolves on oil at this point in time no other way around it. David
We've got hundreds of years of reserves yet to tap plus what we've already tapped.

Becoming dependent on other countries when we have our own is a catastrophic mistake that absolutely endangers our economy and national security.

I love the Texas oil patch as much as anyone here, but we should be building nuke plants left and right and up and down to move electricity off the fossil fuel system. It's going to be very hard to replace the energy density of oil in certain key areas (read: defense and transportation), but getting battery storage capacity into homes and rapidly scalable electricity without a remote fuel source onto the grid would be better for redundancy. (Neighborhoods should come plumbed for gas and everyone should have a 500#+ propane tank for their backup generator, but I digress).

I'm 100% behind batteries in houses. Anything that adds storage capacity and mitigates power surges on the grid helps long term. Doesn't mean I don't want a diesel turning the generator in my diesel/electric hybrid 1400 lb-ft of torque dually pickup truck with 1,000+ mile range, but there's no reason to shun positive advancements just because the blind-squirrel green weenies found one nut in that power grid storage capacity is probably a decent idea.

FWIW I have a 120 gallon tank in my truck. I could turn the thing on and drive to Canada or Honduras on any given day without fueling up. If going to a hybrid powertrain makes that 2,000 miles turn into 5,000 miles, I'm all over that. My grandfather was born in 1900 and worked on electric motors, I can do the same dang thing in a hybrid truck. All tech is new at some point, my diesel engine was the evil electric problem child of its time, and now it looks like a diamond in a turd compared to the newer engines.

I love the Texas oil patch as much as anyone here, but we should be building nuke plants left and right and up and down to move electricity off the fossil fuel system. It's going to be very hard to replace the energy density of oil in certain key areas (read: defense and transportation), but getting battery storage capacity into homes and rapidly scalable electricity without a remote fuel source onto the grid would be better for redundancy. (Neighborhoods should come plumbed for gas and everyone should have a 500#+ propane tank for their backup generator, but I digress).

I'm 100% behind batteries in houses. Anything that adds storage capacity and mitigates power surges on the grid helps long term. Doesn't mean I don't want a diesel turning the generator in my diesel/electric hybrid 1400 lb-ft of torque dually pickup truck with 1,000+ mile range, but there's no reason to shun positive advancements just because the blind-squirrel green weenies found one nut in that power grid storage capacity is probably a decent idea.

FWIW I have a 120 gallon tank in my truck. I could turn the thing on and drive to Canada or Honduras on any given day without fueling up. If going to a hybrid powertrain makes that 2,000 miles turn into 5,000 miles, I'm all over that. My grandfather was born in 1900 and worked on electric motors, I can do the same dang thing in a hybrid truck. All tech is new at some point, my diesel engine was the evil electric problem child of its time, and now it looks like a diamond in a turd compared to the newer engines.
We should be using nuclear as much as possible for generation no doubt but every time you talk about a nuke plant the prophets of doom come out.

Even if we handle all the issues including waste you just can't get away from the nuts.

Then we have the problem of getting one approved. Instead of that process being based purely on science it's almost entirely political and the anti nuke nuts are a powerful lobby along with the environmentalists who join in with them.

I'm not sure what it would take today for sure but some clients of mine looked at building one with a target date of 2025 for opening, they started looking at all that was involved in 98 and said then that to get it approved they'd have to probably move the start up date to 2030 or beyond.

NG is fantastic for home heating and smaller generation units but nuclear would absolutely be the way to go for the large industrial plants.

We could then pipe most of our LNG to the coasts to supply Western Europe. If we did that, it would end Russia's ability to blackmail Europe with the threat of cutting off the heat in the middle of the winter and create more stability than we've seen since the end of the cold war.

Unfortunately politics will always it seems dominate instead of common sense.

We've got hundreds of years of reserves yet to tap plus what we've already tapped.

Becoming dependent on other countries when we have our own is a catastrophic mistake that absolutely endangers our economy and national security.

That's how you would destroy the US Petroleum industry if you wanted to do so surreptitiously.

I don't know what people are thinking with that logic.

Which is it?

How would you lose the industries? If the industry falls aside, that is a management issue, not a production increase issue. Lowering the price does not automatically mean a loss of that industry, it does mean increases in efficiency. The decrease in product pricing would be offset by an increase of demand globally.

You act like these companies are not available to operate on their own or in the decrease of cost per product. These very same companies are in bed with these oppressive and hostile regimes and profit excessively when price increases and still maintain a profit when prices decreases.

I have 7 gas heads on a piece of property, from late 2005-2009 these 7 gas heads paid an average per monthly income of $7400. They pay roughly $2000 today, but they flow at or slightly above the same flow rate since they were put online. They drilled these from one derrick over a period of about 90 days and the heads are about 5ft apart. They all go down into the Barnett and spread out over the surrounding area in different directions and at slightly different depths. There is no onsite machinery, no pumps or compressors, just the well mast heads and monitoring hardware and cellular transmission hardware. There has not been any work done downhole since the original drill date.

How many gas wells do you figure have been put into service and had the same level of low maintenance? How many times has OPEC tried to flood the market to drive American production out and failed?

How would you lose the industries? If the industry falls aside, that is a management issue, not a production increase issue. Lowering the price does not automatically mean a loss of that industry, it does mean increases in efficiency. The decrease in product pricing would be offset by an increase of demand globally.

You act like these companies are not available to operate on their own or in the decrease of cost per product. These very same companies are in bed with these oppressive and hostile regimes and profit excessively when price increases and still maintain a profit when prices decreases.

I have 7 gas heads on a piece of property, from late 2005-2009 these 7 gas heads paid an average per monthly income of $7400. They pay roughly $2000 today, but they flow at or slightly above the same flow rate since they were put online. They drilled these from one derrick over a period of about 90 days and the heads are about 5ft apart. They all go down into the Barnett and spread out over the surrounding area in different directions and at slightly different depths. There is no onsite machinery, no pumps or compressors, just the well mast heads and monitoring hardware and cellular transmission hardware. There has not been any work done downhole since the original drill date.

How many gas wells do you figure have been put into service and had the same level of low maintenance? How many times has OPEC tried to flood the market to drive American production out and failed?
If you cut off drilling, exploration and exploitation those industries and jobs disappear, worse, you immediately start falling behind both scientifically and technologically.

All formations eventually lose enough volume to no longer be profitable and at some point there's simply not enough recoverable gas left in a given hole or formation to even be viable anymore.

You are the benificiary of Fracking, a technology that has stalled in the 70's and only after the big crunch began on existing wells profitability it was revisited and new, much better fracking tech using high pressure waste water instead of explosives increased the existing recoverable supply by several orders of magnitude.

That industry will die as well under their plans.

In the end, no matter how to try to polish this gem of a theory, it leaves the US poorer, strangles industry, injects gross instability into the market and severely threatens our own national security.

Our ability to produce our own energy is what allowed us to win WWII, without it, the Asia Pacific region would be speaking Japanese and Europe's only language would be German.

Recent Posts