Component availability...

Totally got lucky this weekend... wandered into the Cabela's store looking for jeans and thought I might as well check the handloading section even though I was sure they would have bare shelves.

Holy Crap!!! I told my wife as I picked up the few remaining boxes of .308 168 SMKs. Boy did I get lucky! And to top it all off I found a brick of Federal 210 primers.

Just goes to show that even a broken watch is right twice a day.

Good luck and happy ammo hunting

EH

Have you guys check thirdgenerationshootersupply.com (a longrangehunting supporter). Last time i was there they had a good supply of stuff.

Some of the short supply is driven by us, "stocking" our own shelves. I have more primers than I will use in a couple of years. BO may attempt to "get" our stuff but he has much bigger fish to fry right now. Keep your eye on him and support the NRA.

I have read that Sportsman Warehouse is closing the deal on a sale, that is why their stock is low (don't know if it is true or not). BTW a guy at Sportsman told me the same stroy about one guy buying all their primer stock, that guy was in Oklahoma City. Hard for me to wrap my mind around someone dropping $600 or $700 in one setting for primers, maybe true but I question it happing at 2 different SW stores 1200 miles apart.

When I tried to buy powder at Sportsman they was out and could not get any. I told them Gene Sears (aka 3rd generation) had plenty and was $2 cheaper and the SW guy all but said I was full of BS. So I went to Sears the next day and bought what I needed, they had plenty.

The sky is not falling, keep your cool, shop around and you will find what you are looking for. If not, use what you can find until it is setting on the shelf.

The more I think about Sportsman Warehouse, the more I question why they are out of a LOT of STUFF.

I drove over there (45 miles one way for me) Saturday. I was going to buy a handfull of stuff and they did not have any items on my list.

40 SW dies
Brass
Bullets
Powder
RSBS Shell holder for 40 SW
Barne 270 Tipped bullets
and a handfull of other items.

Just a week ago BassPro in OKC had the dies and bullets and they don't sell much reloading stuff so I question the BO panic buyers.

Maybe a rush on these items becasue of BO but I think Sportsman is not stocking their shelf for tax reasons or the rumored sale of the stores. I will not go out of my way again to shop their store.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.