Component forecasting

Snowbird

With military contracts ramping up well still see thin supplies for the public for a while I'd guess. With that in mind, what do you expect to be plentiful in the near future.

What powders are the military currently contracting that may have plenty of leftovers or at least companies may skim off the top to sell to the public?

What cartridges are the military currently using? 308 became abundant for a reason. I'd imagine 223 rem/556 is still heavily used and I'm told 6.5 has been adopted recently.

Primers may be the crux of the whole situation here for reloaders. Do you expect larger primer manufacturers will be able to keep up with their contracts and supply to the public? Or do you expect the smaller manufacturers to be able to produce more for the public since they don't have a military contract?

I thought about this as well. I'm getting ready to downsize a bunch of powder and I'm tempted to hold it. How many rounds are being sent down range daily in Ukraine…how many are nato using daily for training exercises. I bet the number is mind blowing.

18 months ago primers and powder were 30-40 per thousand and pound. Now primers are 100/thousand. Seems like powder might head the same direction.

With military contracts ramping up well still see thin supplies for the public for a while I'd guess. With that in mind, what do you expect to be plentiful in the near future.

What powders are the military currently contracting that may have plenty of leftovers or at least companies may skim off the top to sell to the public?

What cartridges are the military currently using? 308 became abundant for a reason. I'd imagine 223 rem/556 is still heavily used and I'm told 6.5 has been adopted recently.

Primers may be the crux of the whole situation here for reloaders. Do you expect larger primer manufacturers will be able to keep up with their contracts and supply to the public? Or do you expect the smaller manufacturers to be able to produce more for the public since they don't have a military contract?
6.8, not 6.5.

I think most everyone is 'missing' the bigger picture here.....or should I say the people causing all the problems of the world.....Its today's leaders that are destroying everything....if they all were taken out I bet the next 'leaders' would think a lot harder of how to 'work for the people'......
The russian soldier isn't of any less value than our own....
But there's a lot of world leaders that aren't worthy the position they've put all of us in these days....and yes that includes past and want to be prez....

I think most everyone is 'missing' the bigger picture here.....or should I say the people causing all the problems of the world.....Its today's leaders that are destroying everything....if they all were taken out I bet the next 'leaders' would think a lot harder of how to 'work for the people'......
But there's a lot of world leaders that aren't worthy the position they've put all of us in these days....and yes that includes past and want to be prez....
I'd prefer a bullet in Putin's head, but unfortunately the only way to really inflict harm on Russia has far reaching impacts and hurts much of the globe with energy costs. If we could find a way to facilitate upheaval around Putin and not have to punish the Russian people as well, id be all for it.

Last edited:
I realize it's easy to bring everything back to the usual topics but all things considered....ammo, powder, primers and bullets are being produced. When the military contracts are satiated, what's going to be left over?

FWIW. I texted a buddy who owns a gun store today, to buy a 20 gauge 870 home defense gun. He said his distributors and manufacturers said it will be worse than last year as time passes.

that's down right depressing but also why i want to consolidate and try to make sure my loads match whats around for a fair price in the future.

The world leaders are puppets for something else... Removing them will only allow others like them to take over.

There is a simple solution, America needs to open the spigots wide and sell oil and natural gas openly abroad, that takes the funds out of these oppressive regimes and at the same time takes the power out of our own. The majority of American people only know what they are told, but show them the benefits of a strong $ and economic security at home and they will learn a quick lesson they won't soon forget.

Covid aside, you cannot deny the accomplishments of DJT, but you can also acknowledge his failures.

Recent Posts