Alaska component shipping

Powder & Primers from your Retailer ship orders via UPS, FedEx, USPS or LTL carriers. Your LGS in AK should be able to sell you powder Primers if available.
If you are talking about shipping yourself then you may need to get a special permit/license.

Depending on who the retailer is, they may have specific shipping rules.
This is from Powder Valley:

I should have specified that you would have to set all the shipping up yourself. And it would only be feasible for larger shipments such as a pallet. It would also entail having it all properly packed and labeled hazmat.
I was in wassila last week and the prices there for powder and primers weren't that bad at all.
You also can't take powder or primers with you when you fly.

Depends on where in Alaska. In Southeast you can get stuff barged up via AML in under a week (from the time they get it). The minimun is like $60 for less than container load (LCL) so you have to make it worthwhile by buying a lot or doing a co-op with other people. Anchorage area or Fairbanks local stock is probably much better but you can still barge stuff (to Anchorage). Western villages are like AK Dad says.

Thanks for the replies! I appreciate it! Can you drive with components through the Canadian dictatorship? 😁

Practical answer yes you can just fine.
Technically I'm not sure as I think Canada may classify powder are a solid explosive.
I do know they can't haul it thru commercially

Supposedly the Carlile quick connect is going to have an option for it. Plumb forgot to ask when I had them on the horn last week. Would be nice to not have to do the barge deal. Last time we shipped powder to Kodiak was probably near 10 years ago via barge we did the max I think 40 lbds and was if fuzzy memory serves about 280$ At the time it was the only way to get large batches of powder there.

I usually have some friends going by boat to and fro so that's how I've done it lately.

Having recently been down south powder in the matsu isn't a lot more. It's just high everywhere. The 3$ per pound premium 10 years ago on 18 dollar powder seemed steep. Onb38-50 dollar a pound powder 3 bucks is a rounding error. The biggest issue is getting consistent lots, getting more than 2 or 3 pounds per lot is tough for the more popular calibers.

Practical answer yes you can just fine.
Technically I'm not sure as I think Canada may classify powder are a solid explosive.
I do know they can't haul it thru commercially

I've been told no by both freight outfits I use to send other chemicals. They don't blink at 55 gallon drums of acetone or boxes and boxes of mekp, but it's a no go on a pound of varget.... go figure.

Supposedly the Carlile quick connect is going to have an option for it. Plumb forgot to ask when I had them on the horn last week. Would be nice to not have to do the barge deal. Last time we shipped powder to Kodiak was probably near 10 years ago via barge we did the max I think 40 lbds and was if fuzzy memory serves about 280$ At the time it was the only way to get large batches of powder there.

I usually have some friends going by boat to and fro so that's how I've done it lately.

Having recently been down south powder in the matsu isn't a lot more. It's just high everywhere. The 3$ per pound premium 10 years ago on 18 dollar powder seemed steep. Onb38-50 dollar a pound powder 3 bucks is a rounding error. The biggest issue is getting consistent lots, getting more than 2 or 3 pounds per lot is tough for the more popular calibers.
I have shipped both powder and primers through carlile connect to anc. 8lbs of powder cost about $20.