Comparing the Berger 210 VLD to the 215 Hybrid

I'm using the 215's in a 308 so I think just about any 30 cal will benefit from a 215 or a 230 on the bigger capacity end regardless of barrel length!!

I just returned from my Wyoming Antelope hunt using the 215 grain Berger hybrid.

This was the first time I have used the 215 Berger out of my 300 Weatherby for hunting.

The load is 79 grains of H-100, Weatherby brass, and Fed. 215 primer, the rifle is a Weatherby Accumark with 26 inch 1/10 twist.

I'm very pleased with the performance and at this point I don't plan on changing anything.

Thanks Jeff for your post here and all your information on the 215.

My Buck was taken at 340 yards, and My buddy used the rifle to take his at 480 yards.

Jerry

I just returned from my Wyoming Antelope hunt using the 215 grain Berger hybrid.

This was the first time I have used the 215 Berger out of my 300 Weatherby for hunting.

The load is 79 grains of H-100, Weatherby brass, and Fed. 215 primer, the rifle is a Weatherby Accumark with 26 inch 1/10 twist.

I'm very pleased with the performance and at this point I don't plan on changing anything.

Thanks Jeff for your post here and all your information on the 215.

My Buck was taken at 340 yards, and My buddy used the rifle to take his at 480 yards.

Jerry

That's great to hear Jerry, I have ran Bergers in my Weatherby's for years with great accuracy and great results. Glad you found the same results. Appreciate the report too.

Jeff

The 215 hybrids are now available at midwayusa. Posted elsewhere but thought it appropriate to toss into this thread as well... Just incase anyone has been looking for them. Got 4 boxes... Wish I could realistically afford more.

Hope you get some if you've been waiting like me. Good luck. They might be elsewhere too... Don't know... But at least a berger has shipped some out.

Berger Hybrid Target Bullets 30 Cal (308 Diameter) 215 Grain Hollow

I'm fairly new to this site and to long range shooting/hunting. I've been reloading for my 300 RUM and a few other calibers for a few years but threads like this help my decisions and the positive outcomes from them exponentially. Thanks to everyone for all of the excellent testing and feedback on these bullets. I've been shooting the 200 hybrids for a while, mainly due to not being able to find 215's, with excellent results but I just picked up a 250ct box of the 215's and am looking forward to sending some down the tube. Broz, thanks again for all of the man hours. It is much appreciated.

Here are a couple of photos of two more animals taken with the 215 Berger Hybrid.
The first is a south Texas whitetail that I took at 215 yards.

The second is a soon to be Boone and Crockett record book Desert Bighorn Sheep,
taken with my rifle by my friend Dave Raynor, at 483 yards in a pretty stiff 14 mile an hour wind.

The 215 has performed for me just like Jeff's experiences with it.

Jerry

Attachments

• Texbuck2.jpg
    Texbuck2.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 240
  • daveandme1.jpg
    daveandme1.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Well...I guess now I can join this thread, since I recently acquired a new 5R Milspec .300 WinMag in a trade.

Jeff, any good starting load data for the 210's and 215's?

I started at 73. gns of H1000 and worked up. I have a 24'' factory 700. I have shot a couple of hogs with mine. It's like they get struck by lightning!

Jay

Recent Posts