Colorado Cattle Association sues over Wolves

I had a conversation with an MTFWP biologist who told me that there "are only 2 wolves on the Beartooth face" and "people don't know what they are looking at."
I guess that means we shoot what we see and call them coyotes.

Biologist. How much time do they spend in the field. Not nearly as much as most local hunters.

"Breeding pairs" is a myth, that has been debunked.

Just because a "baby daddy" don't hang around, the bitches in heat still get bred, and raise litters.

There was a "pair"at some point.
Seriously. Just like women the only time you can get near some of them is when they are horny. Think preying mantis. Hit it and git it.

I saw 6 cows on my side of the mountains and not one mature mule deer.They game in my area have the wolf, cat,grizz, and most times deep snow and hard winters.East sides a different ball game, but a lot of hunters are getting concentrated over there.I grew up here and know many guides first hand and here what they have to say
It's very disheartening to read about your experience. This seems to be irreversible with the increase of this agenda I'm sorry to say. I live in the people's republic of Washington and reading about the efforts to reintroduce Griz in the northern Cascades looks like they are trying to remove our hunting since they've not achieved taking our guns away….

What color were they?
I've seen four near there.
Both were dark gray, one was almost black. Both looked undersized, like 60 to 70 lbs - very skinny. And I ment in my post that there are probably over 100 breeding pairs in the western states and that they are branching out to all of them. And I add, have you seen a moose or elk lately in Yellowstone? Their numbers are Way down. My friend that lives in Cody and drives thru Yellowstone frequently has not seen a moose in years and elk infrequently, so if you don't think the wolves are affecting the herds, well you need a different brand of cool aid.

Last edited:
Both were dark gray, one was almost black. Both looked undersized, like 60 to 70 lbs - very skinny. And I ment in my post that there are probably over 100 breeding pairs in the western states and that they are branching out to all of them. And I add, have you seen a moose or elk lately in Yellowstone? Their numbers are Way down. My friend that lives in Cody and drives thru Yellowstone frequently has not seen a moose in years and elk infrequently, so if you don't think the wolves are affecting the herds, well you need a different brand of cool aid.
There's over 100 breeding pairs in Idaho alone. Not sure what the other states have.

It's very disheartening to read about your experience. This seems to be irreversible with the increase of this agenda I'm sorry to say. I live in the people's republic of Washington and reading about the efforts to reintroduce Griz in the northern Cascades looks like they are trying to remove our hunting since they've not achieved taking our guns away….
Maybe it's time to start moving deer from States that give 5 tags a year to States getting pummeled with political ideologies.

I believe this is in the category of too little too late. There is a portion of the population that either doesn't understand history or just doesn't care. There is a reason wolves and other predators were hunted near extinction. When pets, people and livestock are killed and/or maimed, then the reality check comes in. There should be a law in the USA that should be applied to any local, state or federal legislature, if parties are harmed the legislator who proposed the bill can be sued for damages then this stuff would stop.

cabelasken,
Might have been part of the Wapiti Pack. I saw them east of the Fishing Bridge a couple of miles, north of the pullout on the east side of the new bridge. They were testing a couple of bison bulls for weakness. A black, a white and two grays. No go on the bulls, and they continued on their way.

Seldom see elk and haven't laid eyes on a moose inside the park in a couple of years.

Last edited:
Seldom see elk and haven't laid eyes on a moose inside the park in a couple of years.
The moose go first. It's been a minute since I drove through last, but no elk, no deer, no moose, and bison were dramatically down from previous.

Roads were clear no animal "jams" of car and people blocking the road.

North of the park a few elk were huddled between ranch buildings.

The Gardiner unit used to to have 1500 late season tags, last I heard the number is none.

South of the Park also held late season migration hunts, I think those are done as well.

Roughly the elk went from 20,000 to 2000 in a short while.

North of here it's pathetic, and many giving up. Coming soon to a unit you hunt, believe it or not.

We saw a pair of wolves just past the fishing bridge in Yellowstone on the way home from our deer hunt in wyoming. In fifteen years this was the first sighting I've made. Originally I was told the goal was 30 breeding pairs and then they would re-evaluate the need to keep the packs under control. Well the number of breeding pairs is well over 100 and probably closer to 200 so the excess animals are branching out across the western states. Sighting in California have now been made in the sierras all the way to Fresno and in Nevada within 50 miles of Las Vegas. If the so called biologists had stuck to the original number, we would have been fine, but the feds have overrulled every attempt by the states to control the situation. Now it is so far out of hand that the damage to livestock and game animals will be irreversible.
Edward approves of your message.