COAL and load info for 300 WM with Cutting Edge 180 single feed or 200 single feed

letzhunt

I am looking to find the COAL of a 300 win mag loaded with a cutting edge 180 lazer single feed bullet. Any other Lazers in a 300 wm for that matter. I am thinking that my detach magbox is long enough for them to actually mag feed. It measures 3.94" which is nice and long for a 300 wm. Bad news is my barrel is a 1/10 twist so I can't likely stabilize the 200 Lazers.
Any powder and load info would be appreciated as well.

This is for the 180 CE LZR tipped @ 3150 fps, a maximum load, 3.660" OAL:
SKU
LZR 308 180 MAX GEN2

1703775496029.png

Thanks for the info. Curious to why it's only marginally stable in a 1/10? It's possible that it's because of the higher velocity and shooting at sea level? What powder are you using?

Thanks for the info. Curious to why it's only marginally stable in a 1/10? It's possible that it's because of the higher velocity and shooting at sea level? What powder are you using?

Sea level and Temperature of course. But these are significantly longer bullets due to the fact that they are solids.

The newer 'Tipped' are slightly longer yet.

Marginally Stable is not a bad thing necessarily. It simply means that you have lost some of the BC which you might have at a higher altitude or warmer temps. When I shoot these, I'm at 6,000 feet or higher so I net the better BC.

I also shoot the Badlands 175 gr. Super BD2 and get full BC around 2,000 feet or slightly higher , same as CE 180.

:)

Marginally stable bullets can also suffer in terminal performance. They can turn or tumble and not penetrate in a straight line. For hunting I think I'd drop down in bullet weight to something that's more stable. These lathe turned copper bullets are long. A stability factor of 2 or higher would be better.

I am looking to find the COAL of a 300 win mag loaded with a cutting edge 180 lazer single feed bullet. Any other Lazers in a 300 wm for that matter. I am thinking that my detach magbox is long enough for them to actually mag feed. It measures 3.94" which is nice and long for a 300 wm. Bad news is my barrel is a 1/10 twist so I can't likely stabilize the 200 Lazers.
Any powder and load info would be appreciated as well.
Reach out to cutting edge Insure that they can provide you with information.

Per CEB, the recommended twist rate is 1:10" or faster.
1703854920858.png

I ran the SG calculator at my altitude, which seems stable unless I fat-fingered some attributes.
1703854811676.png

All you guys are the best! I ran some for my elevation as well so I should be good. Also thinking about the Hammer bullets as well as I have heard they are much easier to load...as far as less finicky.

I ran the SG calculator at my altitude, which seems stable unless I fat-fingered some attributes.

Yes, AT YOUR ALTITUDE. Not at his or sea level.

It's perfect up where I shoot at 6,000 feet but below 2,000 it's not.

:)

Recent Posts