Addition to how many single feed?

puttnpurr

I've been hunting elk in Wyoming with a no1 for 20 years. I've been fortunate enough that all my elk kills were one shot and down. (Bison was a little different, lol). That being said, I am planning on Nick at SJA putting together a 6.5 sherman max for me and while looking online at all the actions I could find, (the Borden ridgeline keeps getting my attention), I keep thinking of having a single shot bolt action built.
With the speed that new components show up on the market, it's a tough call to make on what deminsions to aim for with a build cause something new will show up inside a year.
My question. A single shot with no follower/spring/bottom metal, would it end up weighing more (all parts being identical, one gun single shot, a second gun mag fed) because of not having stock material removed in the mag area? Wood maybe, but an AGC or manners I cant quite add it up.
Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.