Close call!

Seems someone was triggered and their knickers got all twisted.

I used to ride a lot but stopped in my mid thirties. Though never in an accident, I was forced off the road several times, and five riders I knew had been hit, two requiring hospitalization. Considering safety, the increasing injuries and numbness, it wasn't worth it any more.
That said, I never once had the attitude that laws, courtesy or even road design kept me safe.
In a world governed by the inviolable laws of physics, cars ruled with iron surety.
I am astounded by the sheer stupidity I see in Oregon by riders and pedestrians, riding in the middle of the lane around blind corners on 40mph roads, or stepping off the curb to cross the street (no crosswalk) on a five lane, 35mph street, because state law dictates that pedestrians have the right of way.
Had a biker killed here couple of years ago on the eastern bypass. Very steep four lane through the mountains going towards Georgia. He was bombing downhill at very high speed and a car turned in front of him that had no idea he was anywhere near. Very sad!
I used to live at the bottom of a long 12% grade. If I just coasted down, I was doing 50mph when I reached the entrance to my cul de sac. That speed is almost uncontrollable on a hill climber road bike. Just a slotted storm drain cover or 1" rock would have been enough to kill me.
Rich, you were fortunate to survive the encounter. In Portland bicyclist are known as the Spandex Mafia. Mess with them and they'll smash your windshield with a brick and call the cops on ya. And, if the encounter is at night, may the Lord have mercy on you.
Yes, I encountered one on Glisan by 14th. Sheesh.
I don't have a facebook account. Is this what it's like?
You would be decried as a white privilege racist and your account would be locked.

I am astounded by the sheer stupidity I see in Oregon by riders and pedestrians, riding in the middle of the lane around blind corners on 40mph roads, or stepping off the curb to cross the street (no crosswalk) on a five lane, 35mph street, because state law dictates that pedestrians have the right of way.
I believe most of these individuals are lookin for an insurance check.
because state law dictates that pedestrians have the right of way.
And that law will see that they get one.

Your low level of comprehension is astounding.

Read it again slowly and realize that I rode on that thin little black line of pavement between the white line and the ditch. Therefore, there was zero need for the car coming at me to choose between hitting me or oncoming traffic. Happened all the time without incident.

Congrats! You are the very first member of LRH to earn an "ignore" from me.

He's the second for me.

I used to ride bicycles quite a bit in my neighborhood but I kept out of the way of cars.

Bicyclists always want to say that they should be treated like other vehicles, except that they blow through stop signs and stop lights and move way under the speed limit. They only want autos to respect them when it's convenient for them.

We have a main, 4 lane road with a 50 mph speed limit and on weekends bicyclist's take up an entire lane going 15-20 mph with 20-30 riders. Why they can't ride on the 3 foot shoulder I do not know.