Christensen carbon barrel question

DEATHGRIP

I have a chance to get a good deal in a Christensen carbon barrel. I need some feedback on them. All of my customs have Hart barrels on them and have always been happy with them. Whats the advantage other than weight? What is their quality like? I really have zero knowledge on carbon wrapped barrels. Any insight would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Dave

Depends if its a factory tube turned down and wrapped or a custom barrel turned down? Not really any "advantages" over a steel barrel, weight yes for a steel barrel of the same diameter. What kind of deal are you getting on it? Their prices have come down A LOT over the last year...

Christensen makes absolutely THE best carbon fiber wrapped barrels. Their main business is military aircraft carbon fiber fabrication so they know the technology best. Their barrel liners are excellent but you may be able to get them to wrap a barrel of your choice. Call them.

Carbon fiber wrapped barrels definitely cool faster than even fluted and rough surfaced all steel barrels.

My wet dream is a Christensen barrel on my Browning A-Bolt and a carbon fiber stock to replace the factory plastic stock.

I have a wildcat slightly larger than the .26 Nolser with that barrel. I don't have loading dies so the cases are more or less erratic but will work. I sent the first ones off to get some loading dies. Here is info for the first five I fired. This was at 300 yards.

After looking at some load for the .26 Nosler I decided to start with US869 @ 84.0 grains and stop at 87.0 grains. Based on the shooting results I could have used more powder.

95.0 produced a velocity of 3,450 feet per second.
95.5 " " 3,444 " Easy bolt
96.0 " " 3,460 " Tight in tight out
96.5 error "
97.0 produced a velocity of 3,533 " head had extractor mark
I was pretty excited when I could see, in the VX-6 4-24X52, the first two at 300 yards were touching. Shot #3 was out, but #4 was very close to the first two. In fact the three made a group of about 9/16"! The five shots still were okay at 2 5/8".

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.