Choosing your next hunting rifle

What is most important to you in factory hunting rifles?

• Stock (fit, feel, material)

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Action (smoothness, features, aesthetics)

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Barrel (chambering, profile, reputation, twist, length)

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • Other (trigger, aftermarket support, price, other features)

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

Mark37082

Many of us are on the lookout for another rifle. There are many things that make decision difficult for me. It's never just one thing, but some things just eliminate consideration of the factory options. The first thing to me is the stock. If it feels cheap, doesn't fit, or is just plain ole ugly, I move on. Sure, you may be able to buy an aftermarket stock fairly easily. However, this can get you closing in to the price of a full custom.
What say you?

Many of us are on the lookout for another rifle. There are many things that make decision difficult for me. It's never just one thing, but some things just eliminate consideration of the factory options. The first thing to me is the stock. If it feels cheap, doesn't fit, or is just plain ole ugly, I move on. Sure, you may be able to buy an aftermarket stock fairly easily. However, this can get you closing in to the price of a full custom.
What say you?
I am lefthanded and in my right mine, but the stocks will never fit me. Every rifle either has a shock stock or I have to build one.

I look at everything in a whole price point is moot a good solid action is the birthplace foremost I can and do rebarrel triggers a dime a dozen stocks fit and feel always a consideration but changeable. So it boils down to what am I gonna do with it it's not sitting in the safe I shoot everything I have, prairie dogs to mountain goats and moose , just saying