ChargeMaster scale inconsistent

DanMan

My ChargeMaster electronic powder measure and scale has been a little inconsistent lately. For example a load that I use 68 grains frequently ends up 68.2 or so. I closely watch as it trickles out the last few kernels of powder and even though it stops and beeps at the programmed 68.0 grains, after flashing the round count the weight returns at something like 68.2 or so. It seems like this happens about 2 or 3 times out of 10.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Dan

Temperature, static, electronic interference, whether or not your let it "warm up", day of the week, whether your dog was nearby or not -- so many things seem to affect these. If you're in the path of the air register blowing air on it, add that to the list.

My RCBS (gen 1) grew more inconsistent with time. On mine, you could program the weight below final setting where it would slow to trickle. Made a world of difference on long stick powders. Still, it kept becoming more inconsistent. Gave it away.
I replaced it with a Hornady LnL You could customize the dispense settings on the Hornady too, but it would lose them and return to default when you powered it off. It wasn't much better.What I absolutely *hated* about the Hornady is if it threw over, it would beep, then within a second, switch the display to the target weight. Problem was, sometimes the beep meant .3gr over, sometimes 1gr over.
I got sick of it and sold it.
Now I throw manually with an antique Belding & Mull powder drop and check it with a US Solid electronic check scale -- exact every time and with bottleneck cases, easily 2-3x faster.

All the precautions above about outside influences are good -- neon lights, a fan in the room, fluctuation in line current, breathing on the scale. They all affect the final result. I leave mine turned on all the time, so there is no warmup time, but I still got fluctuation.

About a year ago I went to throwing charges two-tenths below and trickling up on a balance beam scale.

Just last month I bought an electronic scale off Temu on the internet. Tiny thing, and I figured it was a poor use of $6 when it arrived (yes, $6 -- shipped!) but I put the battery in and thought I'd give it a try. It turns out I get far more accurate results (based on results with check weights) than either the Chargemaster or the balance beam. Hard to believe the cheap Chinese scale could beat a balance beam, but it was consistently more accurate to about 0.2 grain. It is a lot slower, but for long range or bench rest loads, of which I only shoot less than 100 rounds at a time, I am not troubled by the few extra minutes it takes.