Need opinion on RCBS ChargeMaster Powder Scale and Dispenser Combo 110 Volt

barnesuser28

Does any body own a RCBS ChargeMaster 1500 Powder Scale and Dispenser Combo 110 Volt? How well does it work? Does it throw charges accurately and fast?

Mine has for 4 years and running

Sometimes it will drop .1 or .2 grains over but just take a small scoop and scoop out a half dozen granules and it will be exact

Adding a cut off straw to the end of the dispense tube will decrease overruns

Picture032.jpg

Its the greatest thing since sliced bread. On the occasions that it doesn't throw a charge dead on accurate...its so close it doesn't matter. .1 or even as much as .2 grains isnt going to cause me any trouble at all.

I dont know how I got along without it.

I think it was the best reloading investment that I ever made.
I checked the accuracy with scale weights. I weighed my scale weights on a pharmaceutical grade scale. The weight difference between the charge master and the pharmaceutical grade scale were nill. The difference being literally a half a stick of powder.
It is fast and the measurement is right on the mark.
Get it!

There was a post where the straw trick,with little wedges cut out worked well. I just have scale at this point , and throw charge and trckle. With plan to get measure in future

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.