chamber chroming

Are these hand loads? Semi auto's and pumps are very sensitive to pressure. The belly is most likely from undersized factory brass than on out of spec chamber. I would get it cast and measured against a Saami print.

Does anyone know of a place that chromes chambers? I bought a Rem 7400 and it appears someone got a little too aggressive in cleaning a bellied the chamber about .003.

Reading the original post again, It occurred to me that someone decided to Polish the chamber
to make it extract better. NO GOOD CAN COME FROM THIS.

I have re chambered several barrels that this is exactly what happened and when they attempted
to polish the chamber they were not set up to do it correctly and did most of the polishing in the middle of the chamber removing to much from the center.

Even with the knowledge and the right tools I don't/won't recommend polishing a chamber.

J E CUSTOM

Yeah, that is what I thought. I was wondering/hoping the chamber could be reamed oversize and chromed back to correct dimensions. I do not know enough about the process which was the reason for the post. I have contacted Remington and so far they were unable to find any info on my serial #.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.