Chamber burr

rdr59

I just got a new rifle. Shot some rounds through it and found a small scratch that starts at the body shoulder junction thats about 3/8 in long and not very deep. I called the factory and he said send it back and they would fix it and i think he said they would replace the cases also. It would only be 3 weeks after they received it. I asked if i polished it my self and didn't fix it if it would void the warranty and he said he didn't think so. So what would be the best way for me to try and get this burr out. I search the site and found some stuff on chamber hones and scotchbrite pads sandpaper. Just a little nervous. Thank for your time.

Attachments

• 20200817_212051.jpg
    20200817_212051.jpg
    478.7 KB · Views: 337
I had that same mark on my latest build (remage) it was the corner of the bolt abutment. Sharp enough to cut my finger. I just used a strip of 600 grit paper and ran it back and forth with my finger to break that sharp point. No more scratched brass.

After i read 2010 reply i put a case in and out with a dowel no scratches. I then chambered one with the bolt and watched it. The scratches are coming from the abutments. I did sand with 400 grit and it helped. I will have to do more sanding. I'm glad i don't have to mail it back. Were lucky to have people so knowledgeable and willing to help. Thanks again for your time.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.