CCI BR large rifle primers

I bought a brick (1,000) CCI BR LG rifle primers, Cabelas has in stock in Buffalo behind gun counter.

I have people telling me retail $104 is way to much. I look on CCI web page and they list at $94.

Did I over pay? Will this be the new price?

if this was discussed previously.
I've seen them for more lately. I think the fact you found some right now is a win.

Not long back, I paid AUD130 for a slab. I thought that was steep but in the current climate I was just pleased to secure some. I just did a quick conversion and USD104 equates to AUD134 at today's rates, so sounds about right, even though we all know it's wrong!

As primarily a long range high power match shooter I buy in volume as, once I find a particular lot of primers/powder that plays well with my bullet du jour, I buy a couple of barrels worth of the components needed. That is usually a year or slightly more. I currently am looking at depletion of my current powder and bullet (for my 7 Sherman Short chamberings) in about 1200rds and primers in about 3000rds. I'll hold out to the last minute but I may have to get scalped. Kind of like buying chinese goods...sometimes there is no alternative as bad as it smells. Hopefully the drought will get better before time runs out.
I kind of thought that maybe the case that you being a match shooter. To me that's takes a lot and requires a lot of rounds down range. My hat off to you. You need the larger amounts of powder, primers, bullets, and brass. I don't like to tie up large amount of powders and primers, and bullets.
Especially now in where we are at. Sure I would like to increase my powder to have enough to burn out a barrel. Being I am having 2 rifles being built. I don't know what I am going end up with in away of a loads with those rifles. So if I have enough to burn out a barrel in powder, and determine it's a different powder or primers, the balance just sits. That I hate to do. The last time I switch powders, I gave away 16lbs of powder.
If I had my way I would get 1lbs cans to see what is working the best. Then get the powder in larger lots to do the job.
The best of luck in getting what you need.

I have found that over the years. What goes around, comes around. I don't hoard, and I find that I am not going to use something, I generally give it away. Other than that I hold what I will use. Rifle and pistol brass that is range brass, I store it for a rainy day, and I hope it's never needed. I use new brass to fire formed brass in my rifles. I use to purchase one manufactures brass, but have moved on to Peterson or Lapua brass, so I am in the process of upgrading all my brass. I will get several hundred case in a lot for the rifles I reload for. Learn that here.
This has come from being more involved here in the last few years. It has definitely changed my ways in reloading. It's interesting to see how my reloads have come up with all the input here. It's been hard at time to acquire, and expensive to make the changes, but very glad to be able to do so.
So being on the other side isn't funny, and could comeback to get you.

Sadly, I bought these at half the sticker price during a going out of business sale. They had pallets-full at the beginning (just a year and a half ago). The only thing I bought by the case were the 34s, 41s and 300s. When I run out, I'll probably quit reloading.

Attachments

• CCI Primers.jpg
    CCI Primers.jpg
    432.8 KB · Views: 91
Considering what's going on, I'd pay $104 knowing it could be worse! As it is, I'm shooting slower
and enjoying more rather then volume. It's a challenge to keep my powder, primers, cases and projectiles all matched by quantity the way things are.