CCI BR large rifle primers

swilk14

I bought a brick (1,000) CCI BR LG rifle primers, Cabelas has in stock in Buffalo behind gun counter.

I have people telling me retail $104 is way to much. I look on CCI web page and they list at $94.

Did I over pay? Will this be the new price?

if this was discussed previously.

I paid $35 for a 1000/ct pack pre-crazy. At the end of the day $100 isn't much in shooting sports, even if it's 3x than it used to be - it's better than $300+ a case like scalpers are selling them for, so I think you did fine.

Do you want to not take 1,000 shots over $65? I'd rather be shooting personally.

Plus a 20 round box of factory 338 LM ammo is over $100 now, even at ten cents a primer I'm coming out ahead making them.

Scheels - CCI 200 LRP $45.00 CCI 450 magnum SRP $47.00. If you can wait, wait for prices to go down. If Cabela's can get that amount for primers, they will never go down. Big corporate monster now after the Bass Pro acquisition. I don't buy anything gun related from them any more. Their fishing merchandise is good though.

Sad day, prices are away out of line. People to willing to pay to much for components. Maybe a match shooter, that would be another thing. The only time I shoot a lot is in load development. That has cut back in lesson learned over the years. After determining my pet load, that what I stay with. I match bullets, velocity, and accuracies for that pet load to do the job on what I am hunting. Getting your SD, and ES down is the name of the game. I do carry a fair amount of components at anytime. If changing to something different then that a different story. I work on watching for deals and figure out what I think I need long before going forward. In building a 6mm/280AI that I started last year. I am down to two types of powders, and some case. I have acquired everything except of stock for the rifle. I wouldn't think, that a rifle stock would have me held up, that life.

As primarily a long range high power match shooter I buy in volume as, once I find a particular lot of primers/powder that plays well with my bullet du jour, I buy a couple of barrels worth of the components needed. That is usually a year or slightly more. I currently am looking at depletion of my current powder and bullet (for my 7 Sherman Short chamberings) in about 1200rds and primers in about 3000rds. I'll hold out to the last minute but I may have to get scalped. Kind of like buying chinese goods...sometimes there is no alternative as bad as it smells. Hopefully the drought will get better before time runs out.

I bought a brick (1,000) CCI BR LG rifle primers, Cabelas has in stock in Buffalo behind gun counter.

I have people telling me retail $104 is way to much. I look on CCI web page and they list at $94.

I've been noticing everyone online has updated there pricing even though none is in stock. At Midway there primers are $75 to $80 per 1000. And that is mostly what everyone else is showing. I paid $550 for 5000 back when they started disappearing! I was afraid it might be 2 or 3 yrs before they came back.

I don't think you overpaid. The CCI BR primers are their higher quality primers from CCI. I thought the norm for these has always been around $100/k unless I forgot what normal prices are.

Hmmf, well good to know. I gotta re educate myself on what normal prices used to be lol.
Unfortunately, I am thinking we're all gonna have to. Norcal50, Scheels in Reno has quite a bit of reloading inventory, and they don't gouge. They also have a decent supply of ammo.

M

I just recently paid $54/1000 for cci small pistol primers

For the cci large rifle BR primers I payed $85/1000 which is double what they normally are. I don't want to pay anymore than that personally