CCI Primers?

Wyocoyotehunter

I bought a box of 1000 cci magnum primers about four months ago. I'm about 150 into the brick and had two misfires in the same 50 rounds. Tried them twice before I ejected and it showed full contact from the firing pin, but never went off. Anyone else run into this?

Same comment as CVCOBRA1 - I had a period of misfires and blamed on a very well respected primer - turned out to be a bunch of grabage in the front of the bolt, including some old metal disks from primers that had blown.

A good, through cleaning solved it.

Rem 700 that we trued the action up on. Had the bolt apart to change the shroud out, cleaned and did a light oiling on it with rem oil. Any chance that's the wrong oil? I would still have a hard time seeing it gum up that fast.

I have seen it on rare occasions with that exact primer. But definitely more than once. In different rifles. From new to very well used.
I think a lot of times, it was more due to headspacing than anything else. It was always on virgin, non-belted brass.

Never had a misfire with any primer 😮 Use CCI, Fed210M, and WLR. I do remember a while back I saw a post on one of the firearms forums where this same problem was mentioned with CCI BR-2 primers.

I bought a box of 1000 cci magnum primers about four months ago. I'm about 150 into the brick and had two misfires in the same 50 rounds. Tried them twice before I ejected and it showed full contact from the firing pin, but never went off. Anyone else run into this?
The only time I had a misfire was after I had pierced a primer. I had to strip the bolt down and clean the firing pin, spring and bolt body to stop the misfire. I use CCI 250 LRM primers only and that is my only time to have misfires.

I use CCI and never had a dud. One thing you might check on is that the primer was completely seated into the primer pocket. If it wasn't completely seated then when the firing pin dropped the energy was mostly expended pushing the primer in the rest of the way.

"I" have not yet experienced any misfires on any of primers that "I" use in reloading. "My" personal preference in order is CCI, Federal, Winchester, and Remington. The only misfire "I" ever have was with cheap factory ammo in .22LR, 9MM, and .223/.5.56.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.