Catalog of bullets

For the new shooters and reloaders, just a friendly suggestion: go to the experts such as www.Lija Precision Barrels.com to see what those who make a living at solving the small things for living have to say. The twist, velcoity, barrel length questionsare well answered by experts. Keep pouring powder. Overbore.
wink.gif

Would you please forward this chart to me as well. I am interested in using Sierra MatchKing bullets for game in both .224 & 6mm. Any advise would be appreciated.
Thank you

[ QUOTE ]
I am interested in using Sierra MatchKing bullets for game in both .224 & 6mm. Any advise would be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would advise you to search for a post written les than 3 months ago by a member that used a small caliber match king and had poor results. He seemed to think that any match king would do the job.

A bullet design is not a magic wand that strikes down everything it hits. You still want to match the bullet weight and design and in some cases (ballistic tips) even the terminal velocity to the game and environment for the best results.

Used the right way the match king crowd has had awsome results, just do your homework. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BTW welcome aboard. Take some time and enjoy the site.

Remember when using the expansion chart, that test mediums make or break a test. Nothing causes expansion and/or break up like real bone and flesh. I've seen the chart and would question many of the results. Shooting Times did a big test last year and the tests differ alot from most field experiences. Also, all bullets were the same weight and ONLY applies to that weight bullet in your gun. A good example is the 7mm Nosler Partition, a bullet with a great reputation. But the reputation was made with the 160 gr Partition. Drop down to the 140 Partition and it acts totally different. I've blown up three 140s on big Mule deer. Almost lost one this year due to bullet failure. Talked to Nosler and they say "go to the 150 or 160 gr Partition". The 140 is explosive at 3000 fps and even at 2700 fps. Also, charts don't take into account the bullets BC. Not all bullets fly as fast as others, and impact velocity can greatly affect performance. That is why I like high performance bullets with a known track record in the caliber & bullet weight I plan on using. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.