Sectional pictures of bullets

Rhovee

I was bored today and decided to cut some
Bullets in half to see how thick the jackets were and what the difference is between "hunting" bullets and target bullets. From left to right we have a 300 grain Berger elite hunter, 215 Berger hybrid, 184 Berger hybrid, 180 eldm.

I can say that the Eldm was very thin compared to all the bergers. Jacket thickness was .011 thinner than the Elite hunter and Hybrid. The Hybrid bullets have a lot more hollow point at the nose. I have also been checking the clogged tips of the Bergers with a very small drill bit. Seems around 75 percent have something blocking from a clean touch to the lead. I am wanting to use the 184 Hybrid on game. Today was the first step in seeing design.

Next I will make some ballistic gel and shoot into it for expansion. Might try and run some reduced loads for lower velocity impacts. I will be shooting a 7 saum so the velocity isn't going to be through the roof.

Attachments

• 7296BEFD-2D06-4C95-9E55-B6B35EAD55DD.jpeg
    7296BEFD-2D06-4C95-9E55-B6B35EAD55DD.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 165
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.