Case lube

Seebeeken..thank you for taking the time and completing the comparison, and posting your opinion. A follower questioning his current lube can benefit from your comments.
well done!
My pleasure. I enjoy trying things new to me. Id like to try the aerosol version and compare it to royal. Boelube is intriguing. it also has absolutely no scent that i could tell. Its slick and might work well on slide rails. Have you ever left it over time to see if it gets gummy or dries out? Thanks for suggesting it, otherwise i would have never heard of it.

My pleasure. I enjoy trying things new to me. Id like to try the aerosol version and compare it to royal. Boelube is intriguing. it also has absolutely no scent that i could tell. Its slick and might work well on slide rails. Have you ever left it over time to see if it gets gummy or dries out?
I use it on my three different press rods. I've never experienced it overly drying out or getting overly gummy. I'm going to place a sample on a flat metal surface and let it sit, both In and out of the sun, too see how it reacts. Has purple ever gummed or dried out?

if you're using one shot spray lube , be sure to follow the directions . the directions call for a short waiting period , to allow the lube to dry . I used one shot with good results on shorter cases like the 222 , or 308 . I never had much luck with longer cases , like a 7mm rem mag , or 300 wby . I'm using the RCBS lube on a pad that I roll the case through . I then wipe the lube off by using carb cleaner on a rag . not as easy as spray lube , but I haven't stuck a case since I went back to the lube pad . I've noticed the shorter cases size with less effort , more consistent shoulder bump too .
I've have used RCBS lube for a great many years without any problems. Put a little on the pad and spread it out. Roll the case making sure the neck is lubed too. I turn the neck to the open end and turn it on the pad to lube the open for expanding the neck. I have changed that too. I now use bushing dies, and let the bushing set the I.D. of the neck.

I use STP Hoppes #9 1:1. The Hoppes thins the STP and you have that nostalgic Hoppes smell. Works great. A sponge piece in a freezer hd zip lock. Drop a few cases in and work around for a few seconds.

Has purple ever gummed or dried out?
You mean Royal? Never. One thing about Boelube that amazed me, how fast it liquified once it was on my finger. It might be an issue in a hot climate like AZ. Just a dab the size of a pin head is enough to do a number of cases. Good stuff. Im gonna order the spray and try it. I have some Boeshield also but never tried it as a case lube.

Used Horanady One-Shot for several years and 1k+ cases and it's awesomely convenient to use and saved me a step as I need not clean it off the brass. Then I had a sticking issue with my 300wsm brass, never got a case stuck just noticed sizing took more force than I needed to use on previous resizing's and the resizing process went from smooth as silk to being best described as jerkey. Cleaned my 300wsm die but problem persisted. Brass was also clean as if new.

Wanted to reload and shoot in the next 48 hours and didn't want to wait on a mail order for Imperial sizing wax so went to my LGS and bought a tub of Horanady Unique case lube. Have used so far it to reload several 100 each of 300wsm, 308w, 35rem, and now about 125 340 Bushamater brass and it has worked extremely well. Resizing is an absolute butter smooth process and cleans off the brass with near zero effort. A very little goes a very long way.
Can not recommend it strongly enough.

Amazon product ASIN B00162JNZO

Looks like a commercial version of the internet lube with lanolin. The harder part will be fining 99% IPA as most rubbing alcohol is watered down.
My neighborhood pharmacy keeps 99% IPA, I still remove the lanolin, the cases feel a bit greasy/tacky. I wouldn't trust them with it on.

Looks like a commercial version of the internet lube with lanolin. The harder part will be fining 99% IPA as most rubbing alcohol is watered down.
I use lanolin with the Red bottle of Iso-Heet. 98.5% alochol - close enuff. Works great, After resizing, I clean it in an ultrasonsic cleaner.

Last edited: