Case lube

I like the Lee also but I mostly use Imperial wax. But on stretched cases I use some heavy yellowish oil someone gave me years ago. It's probably thicker than honey and reminds me of the old honey like oil folks used to put in their engins for a quick fix and may be just that. But I generally only use it on 308 military cases.
Sounds like STP from description. That stuff is super slick and removes carbon and soot as well.

I too have switched over to IPA and liquid lanolin for the high volume stuff, and still use imperial die wax for the low volume sizing or one-off die set up stuff. This is one of the biggest time savers I've come across yet.

I've used anhydrous lanolin for years , huge jar for cheap from the drugstore. Great case lube easy to clean up and - bonus it's good fro your hands.

Do you guys have problems with petroleum products gumming up your tumbling media when cleaning? I'm guessing you don't just wipe it off with a towel

18 years using STP and no complaints or problems of any kind. Sure there's other things out there but I don't change things when something works so well.

Ha! Well, you just listed the two I use, so I guess we are both watching to see what is 'hot' in the lube dept these days.
For years now I have been using a home made case lube that is a copy of the brand that Begins with the letter" D" and ends with the letter" N".
I have never had any shoulders that have collapsed, or brass hulls that have been stuck in either my Fl resizing or shoulder bumping dies.
Additionally it is environmentally friendly and is actually a nourishment for your hands.
Got Your Attention ?
This is not my formula but was obtained from a thread on a Web Page years ago , and is extremely easy to produce.
You will require 3 items.
1) 1 each 16 oz Heavy duty Spray Bottle Price $ 2.99 sold at Hardware Stores
2) 1 each 4 oz. bottle of Liquid Lanolin Price $ 7.99 sold at Health Food Stores
3) 1 each 12 oz .bottle of ISO HEET( Red Bottle) Price $ 7.99 sold at Automotive Stores
Ready to mix the amounts?
Pour 12 ounces of Liquid ISO HEET into your spray bottle
Place your bottle of liquid Lanolin into a glass of hot water and let it stay there until the lanolin starts to flow smoothly. (lets say about 5 minutes)
While your lanolin is warming up take a measuring cup and pour 2 ounces of water into a plastic cup marking a line where the fluid evens out on the cup.
Discard the water and when the lanolin is pliable measure out 2 ounces and pour it into the spray bottle.
Cap the rest of the lanolin and save for further use.
Place spray end cap on bottle and shake for about 1 minute.
Let elements settle together for a 1/2 hour at room temperature and your ready to use.
Just a little spray onto your brass hulls ,while rolling them around in a small plastic container. I try not to allow to much lubricant to reach the cases shoulders and if you gently shake them after lubing this will not happen.
Recap
12 oz. of ISO HEET RED BOTTLE
2 oz. of Liquid Lanolin added to the ISO Heet

Again I repeat this will not only lube your brass cases but is actually good for your hands .
Give it a try ,as it really works!
(Apparently I have already posted this recipe once before under a different name )

Last edited: