Case& barrel life of 300 WSM vs. 7WSM

BOSS, BH did suggest annealing for this

Also, springback does not decrease with work hardening brass. It increases.

My bad---got it backwards LOL!! What a Dummy and I need to read closer!!! Go ahead and beat me with the IDIOT stick LOL!! When shooting the 6.5x284 Lapua brass after 4 or 5 firings the necks need to be "blued" again! On a non competition rifle I could go maybe 8 loadings or so. When I first tried to anneal I used Ken Howells recommendation out of his book but not there are great rigs that make it much easier to do this and be Consistent which is key.

Do not shoot as much as I used to and if I did not have to turn the necks and use a new lot (requires tweaking loads) of brass I would seriously consider just pitching some of them. Yes it is expensive but annealing is a pain.

Back when I first started reloading I would keep reloading the same 40 rounds over and over---never did while it was going on understand why when seating bullets it got harder to seat the bullets! When I was 18 the instruction given to me was they are ok "as long as the neck is not split". Of course these guys also showed me how to have a "prayer service" when loading shotgun shells for dove season. Had candles burning to pour wax over the shells that had been fired so many times the crimp would not hold LOL..

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.