WSM Casing life

Snowbird, unless you actually intend to learn everything the hardest way, you should probably pick up a couple books and learn about clearances, brass behavior, neck tension(actual), and brass sizing, etc.
I suggest the same for many here..

I plan to do so. i actually have read a few reloading books a couple years back and what i've learned is that there are different levels of reloading and a lot of differing opinions. There are plenty of people that appear to get decent precision reloading with hammer. there are also folks that have close to 5k invested in their reloading passion. I plan to fall somewhere in between those marks and want my rifle, scope ammo and shooting ability to respectively be equal. If my weak link in accuracy is reloading, then I plan to work on that. I appreciate the many folks here with experience taking their time to help me with a problem that may have taken me weeks or longer to figure out on my own.

FWIW, in my line of work, learning things the hard way usually results in a trip to the hospital or morgue. If that's what i'm doing here then thank you for enlightening me before I experienced it myself.

I prefer to fall back on an old quote that continually rings true; "Experience is something you get just after you needed it".

I´m using norma brass for my .270 WSM using the following:
Sako 85 Finnlight
Norma Brass
Berger classic hunter 130gr
67.5gr H4831
CCI 250 Primer
BTOL:2.245"

After the 3rd firing the first neck splitted. I just fired 5 rounds from the 3rd reloading batch, Need to see how many more start splitting.
I use regular Hornady new dimension dies.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.